No More Toppled Pots.

dilly_dally(★★★)January 7, 2009

I hope this hasn't been posted before..........I found a soluntion to pots being toppled by the wind or vibrations.

"On The Edge Pots

Michael Hilgers offers a modern take on the traditional window flower box with his On The Edge Pots (2006). Designed to straddle the railing of a balcony, the pots are made from water-resistant polyethylene and can rest on any railing with a maximum thickness of 60mm. Two separate compartments offer multiple planting options. The On The Edge Pot is ideally suited for urban dwellers with limited outdoor space, but can easily be used in the workspace or restaurants to liven up a patio. Available in orange, white, green, black and white. Design Within Reach."

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aliceinvirginia

I'd also have to deal with heavy rain pouring over the upstairs balcony.

Wouldn't trust that in a tropical storm unless a) the pot is very deep and b) I didn't have anything tall in it. Meaning anything more than 1 or 2 times the height of the planter. And the pot would need to have sand or something heavier in it.

My neighbor downstairs is mad about plastic saucers, bottles, etc. that kept being blown off the patio. I think anything that is wide enough to go through the railing could do so in a heavy storm.

I just looked at the DWR site and didn't find this.

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
Wilting plant
Can you tell me what is wrong with this plant please....
hilste
splotchy leaves
I tried to Google what it might be but keywords "splotchy...
fzyflwrchld
What is the name of that plant?
Can I know what is the name of the plant of whose picture...
saisanjeev
How can I make unique?
How can I make my balcony gardening unique?Please give...
Sanjok Dangol
Plants for East Facing Balcony?
Can anyone help with plant suggestions for a due east...
lavender108
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™