Need a tall heavy iron plant hanging rack like this

greendreamhomeMarch 13, 2014

Attached is a photo of a tall, heavy, iron multi-hook free-standing plant/display stand that I saw at the Desert Botanical Gardens gift shop. They don't know where their corporate office bought it, and the corporate office won't return my calls. I really need something very heavy and sturdy like this to hang my tomatoes. I have been searching the Internet for days, including Google image searches, and have found nothing. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shugee

This probably is custom made. I would check with a local ironsmith who makes ornamental iron doors, window guards, decorative fences, and possibly furniture items. This has the feel of a standing coat rack with inward curled hooks. I would take the picture to them and see if they can recreate it for you in the dimensions you need. Also, they should be able to deliver it straight to your home, saving you all sorts of grief as ironwork is usually very heavy.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 10:39AM
greendreamhome

I forgot to update this post to say that I found it! It wasn't custom made. I never found out the manufacturer, but my local nursery had one that they had been using to display a ton of decorative items. I had never noticed it before because I hadn't spent time in that section of the nursery. When they rearranged that area and removed all of the display items, I saw it! The nursery owner said she wasn't sure they were going to use it anymore, so she sold it to me!

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 12:39PM
shugee

Wonderful news and smart of you to ask.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 8:32PM
More Discussions
Incredible garden gnome
I found this cute little garden gnome and just have...
cathy_in_the_garden
I'm almost finished with my pergola (2photo's)
(This is my first attempt at posting a photo so hope...
Warren8
painted oak benches
How long do you think untreated, painted oak benches...
lucille
Tiki Torches
Hello Everyone, I'm not 100% sure if I'm putting this...
hardee38
Looking for help identifying maker of this fountain
Hi I have a gorgeous cherub fountain in my yard that...
Priti_NewToGardening
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™