Looking for Pot People pattern...

debraintexas(z7TX)March 22, 2003

I have seen pics of "pot people" and "pot animals" in the garden. I would like to make some. Anyone have a pattern or instructions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elainek(central Florida)

Was this what you meant?

http://craftsbyjillian.hypermart.net/page14.html

Elaine in Florida

Bookmark   March 22, 2003 at 9:31PM
DaisyLover(z3/4NH)

Are you looking for the "people" made out of stacks of clay pots? I have a couple different links for those ideas depending on what it is you are looking for.

This link is for patterns for painted pot characters that can be made for the yard... like people and a rabbit, etc. You can check them out at: http://www.thepainterswarehouse.com/potspring1.htm

The other link below shows a man and woman on a garden bench that are great ideas. The directions for making them are not there but they give directions for making smaller ones for a centerpiece to give you the general idea. Although when making the larger life-size ones I know the plaster is not used. The larger ones are made by running wire or rope through the holes of the pots to connect them together and using knots, washers or beads at the holes to keep them in the position on the rope that you want them. Also notice the different directions the pots are facing. That shows that you can position them any way that you want to get the effect that you want. At least these pics give you two great ideas for assembling your own pot characters in the yard. See if this is what you are looking for:

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Pot Pals

Bookmark   March 23, 2003 at 12:27PM
debraintexas(z7TX)

To followup on my question, yes, it's a "person" made out of stacked terracotta pots. I made a fellow sitting on a old chair...didn't really know what I was doing. I named him "Herbie" since he is sitting in my herb garden. I would like to make a pot "dog" to sit at his feet. Any patterns for dogs? After I made mine, someone said I should have used marine adhesive since it is weather-proof. There were several photos in Southern Living a number of years ago, but no instructions. That's where I got my idea.

Bookmark   March 24, 2003 at 8:19PM
Okla_gal(6)

I use to have a book that only had pot people in it. I bought it at Marshall pottery. Email me so I won't forget and I'll find it and copy it for you. There is even a snowman made from big azalea pots that's about 4 ft. tall.

Bookmark   March 25, 2003 at 12:38AM
jean_mi_z5

HI,
I would dearly love to have these patterns also. If you would email me and I will send a SASE.

TIA,
Jean(email addy is on my page)

Bookmark   March 25, 2003 at 7:29AM
DaisyLover(z3/4NH)

Okla_gal, I would love to know what this book is that you have too. A search on amazon.com came up with nothing.
Shirley

Bookmark   March 25, 2003 at 4:13PM
katrina_gardener(z5 MI)

Okla_gal I, I would also love to know what book you have. I have searched and searched for a book, but to no avail. Thanks in advance. My addy is on my page also.
Katrina

Bookmark   March 28, 2003 at 6:25PM
jean_mi_z5

Hi again...
I have been searching and found a page for a small pot person...I think is it kind of cute....

Jean

Here is a link that might be useful: Pots With Personality

Bookmark   March 30, 2003 at 3:16PM
Okla_gal(6)

The book I have is from Marshall pottery in Marshall Tx. It's kind of like their own designs. That is one of the neatest places on earth. In the book there is a really cute snowman made out of azalea pots that if I bought the pots in Tulsa, it would cost me at least 70.00, but I can get all of them for about 30. in Marshall. I go there about twice a yr. and buy a couple hundred dollars worth of clay pots. Needless to say I have clay pots everywhere. I sell the snowmen for 75.00 and can never keep enough done up.

Bookmark   April 9, 2003 at 11:50PM
Bevb(3a)

Hello Okla_gal,
If you still are sending out copies, please add me to your list. Email me and we can work out deatails.
Thank you
Bev

Bookmark   April 10, 2003 at 1:10AM
Honeybee(MS/8B)

I also love Marshall Pottery. Love their outside seconds lot!! Wish I lived closer, only get there
once a year, but you know I make it worth the trip.

Honeybee

Bookmark   April 15, 2003 at 7:17AM
Okla_gal(6)

O.K. gals your patterns are finally on their way to your house.

Bookmark   April 21, 2003 at 11:49PM
katrina_gardener(z5 MI)

Thank-you Oklahoma Gal! Can't wait to see them.

Katrina

Bookmark   April 22, 2003 at 7:50AM
kathyy138(z8 LA)

to Okla_gal
Is it too late to get a copy of pot pattern people? if not, email kathyy138@hotmail.com. Thanks much.

Bookmark   April 25, 2003 at 3:53PM
junklover69(Z5 CT)

Okla-gal,
Me too please ?!?!? Email me at maryalice9999@aol.com regarding those pot people. Thanks in advance.

Bookmark   April 25, 2003 at 9:19PM
jhm11(8)

okl gal
please send me a cop of the book also. i will pay you for coping it and the postage. send to jhm@webtv.net
thanks

Bookmark   April 29, 2003 at 10:22PM
TVANDE(Z7TN)

COULD I GET ON THE BAND WAGON TOO AND GET A COPY OR INFORMATION ON HOW TO RECEIVE THE BOOK ON MAKING 'POT PEOPLE'? THANKS TVANDE, IN TENNESSEE

Bookmark   May 1, 2003 at 8:51AM
SweetTart(8b AL)

I just bought the pots yesterday to make a Pot Angel. You use one large pot turned upside down, then the next smaller size one upside-down on that one, followed by the next smaller size on upside-down on that. This makes her body/dress. (The picture I saw had spaghnum moss tucked between each pot, and I plan to glue them together using GE silicon II caulk.) Her head is made using the same size pot as the top of the body, turned up-right and glued to the top. The arms are made using 6 smaller pots (3 per arm) strung on wire (I am going to use spacers to keep the pots spaced apart a few inches and tuck moss in the spaces), and hanging down on either side of the body. Then I will make the wings using several loops of copper wire and fastened to the back with the caulk. (You could also use a bunch of twigs for the wings.) I plan to place the pots over an electric fence post (available at Lowe's) to make it more stable, plus you can twist the wire for the arms around the post to help hold them in place... I will try to post a picture when I get her completed.

Bookmark   May 1, 2003 at 9:15AM
LibbyLiz

Okla_gal,

I too will pay the cost of photocopying and mailing if you'd send me a copy of the pot people/animals patterns!

Bookmark   May 1, 2003 at 11:20PM
Okla_gal(6)

Okay I will copy up to the last post, Lizzyliz, then I won't be able to do anymore for a while. I work for a swimming pool co. and we are so extremely busy this time of the yr. that ist is getting to be a little overwhelming trying to get all of these done and mailed so I am very sorry, but after these are finished I have to comp out on anyone else. hope you understand.To the ones I mailed the first sets to, did all of you receive them?

Bookmark   May 2, 2003 at 12:13AM
LibbyLiz

Thank you!

Bookmark   May 2, 2003 at 8:03AM
mscarlet(z5 MA)

The cutest potperson I have seen is on a msn garden junk group. Here is the link. Check out their photos while you are there. They have some really adorable things on this site!

http://groups.msn.com/GardenJunk/sundials.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1125

Bookmark   May 4, 2003 at 12:09AM
catbirdsue(z6 WV)

I would dearly love one of these copies. Can any of you ladies help me?

Bookmark   May 7, 2003 at 12:02AM
LibbyLiz

Okla gal,
I haven't heard from you & can't e-mail you through here, so how much do I need to send you & where do I send it? Thanx!

Bookmark   May 8, 2003 at 10:39PM
Lara(5)

These are the Clay Pot Garden Angels I made last year. I made 2 with sunflowers and 1 with purple flowers. http://www.geocities.com/kraftproject/craft-clay-pot-garden-angel.html

Bookmark   May 15, 2003 at 4:20PM
LibbyLiz

Thanks for the patterns! I got them the other day.

I hope you got my check for the photocopying and mailing fees. Let me know!

Bookmark   May 16, 2003 at 5:49PM
Okla_gal(6)

Yes, Lizzyliz I did and thank you for everything.Hope you enjoyed all the extra patterns I included.

Bookmark   May 17, 2003 at 11:51PM
MyFlowerChild(z5 MI)

Can someone email or send me a copy too?
I would love you for it!
marthag@iserv.net

Bookmark   May 24, 2003 at 7:22AM
fanatic(SoIL5/6)

I would love to get some patterns of pot people, animals and related. If any of you guys that were fortunate enough to receive a copy of that book and is willing to pass on the generousity that was bestowed onto them; let me know. Also, any additional links would be would be fun to check out. Thanks! PS I'm particularly interested in any "Cat" pot patterns that may be available. Thanks again!

Bookmark   May 25, 2003 at 12:05AM
mastiff

I would also like the patterns if someone could send them to me.joyunder@nbnet.nb.ca
i will send a SASE or anything else

Bookmark   June 1, 2003 at 11:40AM
ctsuvgal

Could someone send me or email me a copy of the patterns?

Bookmark   June 11, 2003 at 8:52PM
Moncia(6 or 7 SC)

Well hello all I have been away from here for the last few months. But everyone always is so amazing with the ideas they come up with, all of you are so smart. Well about the pot people you all have given me some great ideas. I have a Pot person that is made total different from any of the ones you guys have talked about. It can be seen on my web page http://groups.msn.com/DorchesterPartners. You want believe how it's really made. People have guess all kinds of things, if you want to know I will tell all and give the steps to making it. See if you can guess right.

Bookmark   June 25, 2003 at 11:10PM
Moncia(6 or 7 SC)

Here I figure out how to attach my web link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monica's Pond

Bookmark   July 2, 2003 at 11:09AM
Happy2BeeME(4a NH)

If any one is willing I would love a copy of okala gal's pot people/animals book. PLEASE!!!:>)

Here is an incentive for you, I can scan them and make them a pdf file, this way we could e-mail them to whom ever would like them. Easier on the postage....
ANYONE????<?B>

Bookmark   July 15, 2003 at 6:05PM
yasmin410

I'd love a copy of those pot people plans too if they're available!!!!

Bookmark   July 17, 2003 at 1:53AM
Okla_gal(6)

email me your address and I will send you a copy.

Bookmark   July 24, 2003 at 12:46AM
sunflowerfrogette(9)

OOOOH, Me too! Can I have it emailed too?

Bookmark   July 24, 2003 at 7:57AM
KatWalk(z9TX)

Hi,
I'm new to the site. I really love it. I would also really love to have a copy of the pot people and animal designs. I would be happy to pay for the copy. Thanks in advance.Kathy

Bookmark   July 24, 2003 at 1:51PM
gmachris13(z9 CA)

I am also new to group but would love copies of this pot people.

Thank you
Chris

Bookmark   July 27, 2003 at 10:48PM
TonkaLady(z6TN)

Please add me to the list,

Thanks, in advance.

Bookmark   July 28, 2003 at 2:33PM
maine_gardener(Z 5 Me)

I have been looking for years for this pattern can anyone email the instructions please? Ty

Bookmark   July 30, 2003 at 12:44PM
Happy2BeeME(4a NH)

Okla_gal

Thank you very much for the patterns. I know what I will be doing the next rainy weekend.
Mine are on the way to you.

Thanks again. :)

Bookmark   August 7, 2003 at 7:12PM
Okla_gal(6)

Hope everyone received their patterns and are doing well. Any questions on any of them Please email me. Thanks

Bookmark   August 9, 2003 at 11:56PM
ladyaustins(NSW Aust)

Is it possible for you to email me a pattern.
Thank you
ladyaustin@optusnet.com.au

Bookmark   August 10, 2003 at 8:15AM
Frizzle(z6 PA)

i thought i'd share my little pot man too - he's just hanging out on my porch.

Friz

Here is a link that might be useful: here's my pot man

Bookmark   August 11, 2003 at 6:29PM
red_oaks(z7b VA)

Hello,
I just joined the group yesterday. It's such a great site!
I would love to have a copy of the book. Could you email me at RedOakFarmhouse@aol.com.

Thanks in advance.

Bookmark   August 11, 2003 at 10:55PM
Lori_centraltx(z8)

If at all possible I would really like to have a copy of the pot people and animal designs. I would be happy to pay for the copy, or you can email it to me .
Thank you so much, Lori
nunke@vvm.com

Bookmark   August 12, 2003 at 11:46AM
plantwife(z8 Central TX)

Okla_gal,

I too would love to get a copy of the book. Please email me to: Celestialchild32@aol.com. I will send you postage & copying fees. PLMK

Carline

Bookmark   August 15, 2003 at 3:49PM
ricehouse(Fla.)

I would like to have the patterns e-mailed to me also.Thanks for the help.

Bookmark   August 16, 2003 at 3:38PM
dmelcer2(z8 Seattle WA,)

Several patterns of pot people and clay pot creations can be found at
http://www.angelfire.com/nm/soap/craftprojectlinks.html
Along with links for TONS of other craft projects. Scroll down till you come to the clay pots section. I'd also love a copy of the book if anyone is still passing it on. Thanks,Dorothy

Here is a link that might be useful: Crafts Project Link

Bookmark   August 18, 2003 at 12:32AM
enpi

I would love to receive the patterns if they are still available - lmsp_2000@hotmail.com
thanks

Bookmark   August 18, 2003 at 11:38PM
cheyjohn

I would also love a copy of those patterns please! cheyscrafts@removesbcglobal.net Just remove the word remove before sending :)

Chey

Bookmark   August 28, 2003 at 9:08AM
sycamoreorless

Try mrpotman.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Mr. Potts

Bookmark   August 29, 2003 at 6:16PM
Annie_Potts

There is a new product that is coming out in the market called Annie's Bag of Bones... it is used for making clay pot people...You can make a complete person in 15 minutes or less using this kit... it works with 6" pots for legs and 4" pots for the arms 10" pots for body and 8" pot for head...this kit comes with "bones and discs" and all you do is place on a pot, snap on a disc and place on another pot... link the bones together and there is the beginning to your Potts Family... take a look at one at claypotpeople.com

Here is a link that might be useful: claypotpeople.com

Bookmark   September 25, 2003 at 11:04AM
Annie_Potts

Another link to those bones.... is anniesbagofbones.com

Here is a link that might be useful: anniesbagofbones.com

Bookmark   September 25, 2003 at 11:11AM
Mishollyhock(5b MO)

The book from Marshall's Pottery can be ordered by calling 1-888-768-8721, ext. 10. It's $6.99 plus $1 for shipping.

Barbara

Bookmark   September 30, 2003 at 7:16AM
anniepans(7)

Hi, I am looking for some nice sites on ' how to make pot people' out of clay pots, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bookmark   January 15, 2004 at 2:51PM
klynnnn(z8 SC USA)

Annie...

Here's a couple of sites for you:

Pot People at the Homestore

Pot Poeple at HGTV

SouthernLiving.com had/has a great pot people instruction page, but they're now a "passworded" site and my subscription has run out so I don't have the access code (if you have a current issue, there's a temporary access code in it)

K :)

Bookmark   January 18, 2004 at 10:15AM
CarolnWbg(z6PA)

Here is the late Miss Potts. She and I had an accident with a garden hose last summer and she will have to be replaced. She is sorely missed

Here is a link that might be useful: Miss Potts

Bookmark   January 18, 2004 at 10:26AM
CarolnWbg(z6PA)

This little guy is another approach since he is made of plastic hanging basket pots. It just takes four pots glued and wired together. He has sand in his bottom to keep him upright. The pots are spray painted and trimmed with acrylic paint. He is outside for his third winter and is holding up well. The chair, however, has to be spray painted each spring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pot Snowman

Bookmark   January 18, 2004 at 10:32AM
anniepans(7)

thank you all for your suggestions on 'pot pals' I found a few that I thought were cute, now it just needs to warm up in my shed and off to work I will go, thanks.

Bookmark   January 18, 2004 at 5:51PM
hailie419(z5 NY)

Anyone who could share the PotPeople Pattern with me ??? I would love to have it!! Thanks Wendy tilor@aol.com

Bookmark   January 24, 2004 at 7:48AM
fbdbfh(Z9 Oak Hill ,FL)

Would love coppies myself If anyone has them still available please let me know!! Will pay for copy's and postage.

Thank again
fbdbfh
aka Cheri

Bookmark   January 25, 2004 at 4:37AM
flowerfloosey(z8 NCal mnts)

Is anyone willing to share the patterns for the pot people? I am more than willing to send postage etc!
Thanks!
Happy Spring to come!!!
retro1@earthlink.cet

Bookmark   February 12, 2004 at 4:08PM
maac(z7 Ok)

Hi I would love to get this book, if anyone is willing to share with me. Please email me thanks in advance.

alissa

Bookmark   February 12, 2004 at 4:22PM
yacheryl

These are the 2 I love the most.
They are not mine, but a picture I had seen on "Junk" a while back.
I made mine from Walmart's plastic pots
so I could use screws to hold them together.........cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: pot couple

Bookmark   February 28, 2004 at 7:25PM
esgm2

IÂve got a couple pot people in my yard, that are in need of pets. Are there any cats in that wonderful book from Marshalls, and is there any way to still get a copy??

Bookmark   April 23, 2004 at 12:28PM
swhitener

If at all possible I would really like to have a copy of the pot people and animal designs. I would be happy to pay for the copy, or you can email it to me .
Thank you so much. swwhitener@hotmail.com

Bookmark   May 3, 2004 at 9:14PM
BDnBAMA(7/Alabama)

Some of you may have already seen Miss Pots but here she is again. She is made entirely of clay pots, even her head & hat. She now resides in the yard. Betty
Click for the big pic:

Bookmark   May 3, 2004 at 11:19PM
shaybass(z8 West Ctl AL)

Okla_gal
I know this was an old posting. but would it still be possible to get copies of the patterns in the book you have from Marshall's.
I am new at all this and at this website. And the snowman sounds fantastic. I am a great Holiday decorator!! And would love to have one in my yard for Christmas!!
Please, please, please.
Thanks, Sharon

Bookmark   June 1, 2004 at 3:38PM
Jaxxchica(z5 WI)

I was wondering if anyone still was sending out the patterns for the pot people and animals. I would send postage and if need be have a copier, would make extra copies for anyone else that would want them.

Deb

Bookmark   June 2, 2004 at 3:54AM
Yarm(Zone 8GA)

if the pot people patterns can still be sent by email, i'd love to have a copy...
me123@cox.net
thanks!!!!!!!

Bookmark   June 3, 2004 at 11:04AM
going2ark(z5 NE)

If anyone is still doing the pot people patterns by email, I'd really like a copy also. I have some great sedum that would look wonderful for hair!! Thanks. joycetitus@sentco.net

Bookmark   June 22, 2004 at 4:50PM
Jaxxchica(z5 WI)

Is anyone still sending out copies of this book? If so how does one get a copy.

Thanks

Bookmark   June 22, 2004 at 8:15PM
virginous

Hi,
May I have a copy of the pot people book as well? I'd love to try making a couple if anyone is still sending out by email.
Thanks in advance.
Virginia

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 11:57AM
suzyqute(z4 WI)

I too am begging for patterns for PotPeople and dog or cat.
I'd be happy to send a SASE, or can be emailed at sdwyerlpn@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance to any -all who can assist
SuzyQ

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 1:56PM
shaybass(z8 West Ctl AL)

I ordered 2 of the Pot people pamphlets from Marshall Pottery (903-938-9201):

#1)Variety of Characters: Cowboy/girl, Indian, Pilgrims, Chef, Clown, Graduates, and Uncle Sam;

#2) Christmas and Halloween Designs: Mr/Mrs Santa, Nutcracker, Angel, Snowman, Soldier, Witch, Scarecrow.

The books are $6.99@ and the shipping is reasonable and quick. The books give the face and detail patterns and the painting instructions also which is alot of help.

I just talked to Marshall's, they only carry the Holiday Designs book now, they don't carry any of the others.

Hope this helps.
Sharon

Bookmark   April 7, 2005 at 12:06PM
Happy2BeeME(4a NH)

Hello everyone,

I have a copy of the book from Marshall Pottery Okla_gal was so kind to send me. If any one would like a copy send me an e-mail with your address....I am more than happy to send them.

If my memory serves me right they are not just the holiday patterns.

Karyn

Karenbennett@metrocast.net

Bookmark   May 10, 2005 at 8:58PM
pdiddyiles(z8 LA)

There are dozens of projects with instructions at http://www.michaels.com/art/online/search?search=yes&type=0amp;keywords=clay+pots including bugs, fountains, snow villages, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Michael's Projects

Bookmark   May 30, 2005 at 9:30AM
dleschber(8)

Just joined this site and I am really interested in these pot people. If anyone could email me a pattern. My garden bench would look great with these characters on it.

Thanks

Bookmark   September 11, 2005 at 12:28AM
bootscootengal2(7 tx)

howdy okla gal

former okie here from lawton.where in okla r u? now just outside ft worth in a "little" town....lol. can i still get a copy of the book??????????pleaseeeee

thanks
joyce

Bookmark   October 7, 2005 at 10:51AM
pattywack36(8sc)

this is for okla_gal please let me know if you will mail me this book i will pay for it and the mailing .thanks pat

Bookmark   November 8, 2005 at 11:41AM
smelltheroses

I am searching for a pattern for a lady pot person for my garden. Please email me at momgertner@aol.com if you have a pattern or a link for a pattern. Thanks,
Cathy

Bookmark   April 29, 2006 at 9:21PM
kit10n

would love the instructions for the pot people, if someone doesnt mind passing it along..thanks :)
kit10n@hotmail.com

Bookmark   January 31, 2007 at 11:59PM
cfb123(Mid TN)

Here's a good source of information on making pot people:

Here is a link that might be useful: Terra Cotta Pot People

Bookmark   February 1, 2007 at 7:26PM
char_ok

I am looking for a pattern to make a large toy soldier or any other large holiday people. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Bookmark   December 31, 2007 at 12:46PM
lasue

Hi, I would like the pattern for the pot people also, if it isn't too late. Please e-mail at pmg2228@yahoo.com

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 8:21PM
tbledsaw(5)

Attached is a website that I used as the basis for my pot woman
Instead of using nylon rope, I used a flexible metal wire, and instead of tying large knots, I tied the wire around various nuts, bolts, screws and washers.
I'm still searching for golashes to complete her look :o)
Freecycle on Yahoo is a great place to get pots & other items you need for the project! :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Terra Cotta Pot People

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 9:25PM
proudmary56

I would love the instructions also. Please. proudmary503@hotmail.com Thanks so much. Mary

Bookmark   May 25, 2009 at 9:17AM
gimpytwice(5b ohio)

May I have a copy of your patterns too?pretty please,thank you,gimpytwice

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 7:32PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Lots of them on the garden junk forum. Below is a link to one thread which I found in the search there. Unfortunately the search seems to only work with one word so I searched for people instead of clay people or pot people.

And here is a pastable link to a couple of cute ones with painted faces also on the Junk forum.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/junk/msg040940499220.html

kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Pot people thread

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 11:26PM
proudmary56

Thanks so much for the thread. I also tried pot people and nothing. I will try people and see what comes up.

Bookmark   June 2, 2009 at 7:35AM
prpllady46

I did not see my post so am unsure if it actually was posted. This is my first & second time posting. I would greatly appreciate the instructions from the marshall pottery book if anyone still has a copy.
thank you. my email is lcgamka@gmail.com
I'm willing to pay for a copy.

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 3:51PM
sandy97

Okla_gal
I would like a copy of your book also, if it's not to late. My email is sandyworld54@aol.com. Thanks

Bookmark   July 22, 2010 at 10:10PM
More Discussions
Looking for help identifying maker of this fountain
Hi I have a gorgeous cherub fountain in my yard that...
Priti_NewToGardening
covering a container
I have a shipping container I use as a shed. Is there...
isaiah6624
Need Help Finding Terra-Cotta Hummingbird Clock
I am looking for this clock to match my thermometer....
dubmann
Fountains
I'd guess almost everyone on here knows that the off...
rubyhum
Looking for some Adirondack Rockers - Help?
We've fallen in love with the Adirondack Rockers &...
pbx2_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™