re-webbing old style aluminum furniture

cateyanne(zone 5/6 Northern Ohio)May 22, 2014

I have some cool old aluminum chairs that I would like to re-web. the old stuff was nylon and came in a variety of colors, some with colored stripes. I haven't had any luck locating the nylon webbing. there are some online sources for rubber or vinyl webbing, but that isn't the retro look I want. Anyone have any knowledge of this product? It used to be easily found in local hardware stores, but not anymore. thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beesneeds(zone 6)

I think I know what you are talking about. You can still find it online. For local sources, maybe try pool and spa places, or big box stores that have a large garden department.
You might be able to find suitable webbing at your local fabric store. Sometimes they have wide trims of webbing meant for things like putting straps on gym bags or fashion belts.

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 10:58AM
c_eeg

Saw what I thought was cool for re-placement of webbing on Pinterest. use of old belts. I have one that I will do. need 3 more belts lol.

Bookmark   July 28, 2014 at 5:26PM
lmariesteve(z5 OH)

I got some of the webbing years ago from the Vermont country store. You can check and see if they still sell it.

Bookmark   December 6, 2014 at 8:20PM
More Discussions
Avoiding Standing Water in Hose Pot
Finally found a lovely cobalt blue hose pot to keep...
ntrainer
Garden Markers
What is a good source for garden markers? I need at...
lemonthyme5
where can I find repacement chimney for metal chiminea?
Greetings all! I have a cast iron chiminea which I...
otherchuck
Fountains
I'd guess almost everyone on here knows that the off...
rubyhum
Dissapearing Fountain
Hi, I�m new to the Forum and have questions...
WCoast-Artist
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™