Anyone with Morning glory picutes?

Christiansplants(8)May 17, 2004

I have started to growing some monrning glories out of some hanging baskets and wanted an idea how big they are going to get.

Thanks

Christian

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenny_in_se_pa(USDA7 Sunset 32)

Here are some ("Scarlet O'Hara" and "Grandpa Otts") I had on my balcony last summer climbing up a trellis. They hit the ceiling (about 7ft up) and started doubling back down. This is with only a few hours of sun per day that hit that column where they were growing. LOL

Bookmark   May 17, 2004 at 9:33PM
PVick

You had to ask! This is my favorite pic of MGs, from the summer of 2002 -

The "trellis" was about 8 ft. up; when the trellis stopped, the MGs continued, wrapping around each other for support. I'd guess the vines were about 12-15 feet long ...

PV

Bookmark   May 18, 2004 at 12:34AM
sheryl_ontario(Muncho Lake, BC z2)

Beautiful picture!!

Bookmark   June 6, 2004 at 5:58PM
ruggy(Zone 10)

I woke up to blooms! 4 of them, in all their "glory"!

Judging by the number of buds I see around... I think I may have a serious riot of blooms in the next week...

I've got mine one fishing line trellis, and they are nearly to the ceiling now... a good 8 feet... last time, they hit the ceiling and travelled another 5 or 6 feet... so they are going to get BIG :0)

Here is a link that might be useful: July 3 Blooms

Bookmark   July 3, 2004 at 11:03AM
PVick

Nice, Ruggy! With your setup, it's going to be glorious out there!

I got one "Pearly Gates" bloom this morning - big and beautiful! Now if only the blue picotee will catch up and bloom...

What kinds are you growing?

PV

Bookmark   July 3, 2004 at 11:31AM
ruggy(Zone 10)

I'm up to about 100 blooms a day now! It's madness!

Check out 2004 - 07-10_17 - Morning Glories at my garden gallery... It's hard to take pictures from the balcony, but I do try :0)

Here is a link that might be useful: My Fishing Line Trellis

Bookmark   July 19, 2004 at 11:07AM
marge4838(z5aIL)

Mine grow up an 8 ft lattice wall and keep growing along the top. This year I decided to prune them. I cut the growing tips until I couldn't tell the plants apart. I think the flowers and leaves are bigger this year than ever. Then again, it could be that I've grown fewer in each pot this year too (put lillies in the pots, thought I'd give them lots of room). No MF buds yet, but tons and tons of MGs (Heavenly Blue - my favorite). Can't help but grin ear to ear in the morning looking at them!

Bookmark   July 29, 2004 at 4:32PM
GordonHawk(7/ NYC)

Well I've some MG photos and some of the fishing line trellises w/ canopy over door.. and some other assorted vines and garden shots from this year... come in and enjoy the show Gordon

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gordonhawk/album?.tok=phwsrgBBVj1KlZLd&.dir=/9ca4&.src=ph

Here is a link that might be useful: MG and trellis and other roof garden shots

Bookmark   July 31, 2004 at 5:53PM
GordonHawk(7/ NYC)

sorry.. the link below might get you in a bit better ...
the first link I think was for me to access it.. this lets you as an outsider do so

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gordonhawk/album?.tok=phA1.gBBJTaalZLd&.dir=/9ca4&.src=ph
Gordon

Here is a link that might be useful: roof and morning glory pictures a better link

Bookmark   August 1, 2004 at 3:42PM
MegNYC(z6NY)

Gordon, gorgeous, as always. I love looking at your pics.
You both inspire me, and discourage me, if that makes any sense.

Bookmark   August 2, 2004 at 1:45PM
pewterdigit(z5 WA)

Not to be discouraged MegNYC! Just Go for it and you could be happily surprised! I am growing MG and MF this year for the first time. Lots of vine and beautiful leaves and not one flower yet and if I end up with zero flowers; oh well! I am truly enjoying my plants! Ann

Bookmark   August 3, 2004 at 3:48AM
posiegirl(5b)

Here's my pot of MGs from yesterday. Not sure what all is in there, since all my labels lost their writing. They're doubling back on themselves right now and are quite a tangle.

Bookmark   August 8, 2004 at 11:48PM
GordonHawk(7/ NYC)

Well I forgot to mention.. in the street planter and the string trellis there is a string going straight up to my window on the 4 th floor.. some 45-50 ' to the window. the morning glorys have reached the top of the trellis at 12' and are now on the string going up..
The question for the raffle is how far will the vine go.. to what height will it achieve... submit your guesses and the winner will get seeds of that purple and red MG pictured with the varigated leaves..
HAVE FUN... Gordon

Bookmark   August 10, 2004 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
Pepper plant maintenance - mulch, beneficial nematodes, or ???
Hi all! Trying out growing peppers in some containers...
C_Gump
What is the name of that plant?
Can I know what is the name of the plant of whose picture...
saisanjeev
Depth of catmint container
Hello, I'm a newbie on here and to gardening in general....
Ebony_King
Daffodils
Hi there! I'm a complete beginner at this so bear with...
RuthScales
Unhealthy Dandelions
Hello, I have several pots of dandelions growing from...
saleve
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™