Suggestions for a privacy fence on top of a rock wall

Lynn MarieJuly 19, 2010

Does anyone have any suggestion for something that might decorate a plain wooden privacy fence that is sitting on top of a rock wall in my back yard? I was thinking maybe something iron as I'm trying for a New Orleans look, but I am very un artistic! Or a mirror that looks like a window if I can find one. And where would be a good place to shop for outdoor art?

Thanks in adavance!

Lynn Marie from the Texas Forum!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Well you need to go over to the "Garden Junk forum" which is where I hang out a lot!! Kirk in Wash. state just made a terrific potting bench with iron pieces & antique hooks. so that would give you an idea of what would look good on a wall as the back of his bench is high(yes, 3 antique fridge doors from days they were made of wood) Notice the neat iron hanging on it for decoration! Also best places to look for items for wall are Thrift shop(TS)is short version the GW-Goodwill store is another place folks look & if there is a Habit for Humanity store they have stuff sometimes from other peoples houses etc. YS or GS Yard sale or garage sale is another source for neat stuff or Estate sales. Some folks curb shop(stuff left by curb that people don't want)please don't make a mess of their stuff- try to just take what you want & put other objects you may have moved back on curb where you found them. We have a strong need to recycle & recreate & make beauty out of objects most folks throw out. Our landfills are too full already. Jeanne just tonight posted a Barnwood bloom & butterfly & it is beautiful & she often sells them. It is piece of old wood, a fan blade she made two tone brown & a beautiful brass butterfly with flower stem a hammered down curtain rod. No longer junk but lovely fence addition. There is an Album of stuff folks have made from concrete, glass, old windows, flower plates, totems of glass, tools, benches etc. So well worth checking it out.I think at top or this forum you can see "Garden Junk" & click on it to get there otherwise go to top where it says forums & click on that & go to "Garden forums" & down to garden junk. There are so many forums but that is my favorite! Mostly retired people & very creative. Also a discussion or conversations side so we can talk about personal stuff if we want to & encourage someone if they are sick or buying a house etc. Hope this is what you are looking for! Jan

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 1:13AM
Lynn Marie

Thanks, Jan! I'll check those out.

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 5:27PM
Lynn Marie

Here's what I did...

Here is a link that might be useful: Texas forum posting

Bookmark   July 25, 2010 at 2:52PM
sunnyca_gw

Saw your wall & the great "windows" you made on GJ forum!1 They look great with the mirrors in them! Jan

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 12:13AM
More Discussions
Looking for some Adirondack Rockers - Help?
We've fallen in love with the Adirondack Rockers &...
pbx2_gw
I'm almost finished with my pergola (2photo's)
(This is my first attempt at posting a photo so hope...
Warren8
painted oak benches
How long do you think untreated, painted oak benches...
lucillle
Fountains
I'd guess almost everyone on here knows that the off...
rubyhum
HUGE, flat, slanted tree stumps on hill!!!! Help!
After Sandy I decided to cut two huge trees on the...
sirenac
Sponsored Products
LightIt! Lamps 8 in. Satin Nickel 12-LED Wireless Lanterna Touch Top Accent
$29.13 | Home Depot
Caroline Ashton 'Serenity' Oversized Canvas Art Set
Overstock.com
Record Hits Fleece Throw
$59.99 | Dot & Bo
HBCombo12 Kit HBLED Undercab 12 inch combo kit
EnvironmentalLights.com
Westbury Embroidered Hourglass Brass Swing Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus