Help!! Bazillion 1ft cedar boards came to me

Baylady(Z8 Va)September 17, 2005

Hi,

Please help me find a useful purpose for these! A neighbor who builds fences brought these home and made a small wishing well from just a few of them, then put about a hundred or more on the curb - leftover from fencing. Said customer changed mind about height of fence. Of course, I hauled them to my back yard. Am looking for birdhouse plans, but what else can I do with them?

Thanks,

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clinda62(z9 TX)

You can use them for flower bed edging!

Bookmark   September 17, 2005 at 10:49PM
ltd123(6A southern Ind)

How about overlapping them like cedar shingles to artistically cover some area??
Laura

Bookmark   September 18, 2005 at 12:08AM
loomis(Z6a Western MA)

Not sure whether you mean these are one foot lengths of cedar, or one foot wide boards. However, I've seen garden paths made from wood. For the life of me I can't find the link, but I recall seeing something like this in a Gardeners' Supply catalog awhile back. They can be aligned in a decorative pattern, somewhat like what is done with brick.

Bookmark   September 23, 2005 at 12:06AM
JohnNC7B(z8aNC)

If you like grilled salmon, then soak a cedar plank for several hours in water. Place a layer of rock salt on the plank and lay your salmon skin side down on top of the salt. Salt and pepper to taste. Place on a medium to medium hot grill, gas or charcoal, for about 18 - 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. Serve! Use a new cedar plank for each cook-out. Note that the size of the plank simply must accomodate how much salmon you wish to grill.
John

Bookmark   October 2, 2005 at 2:11PM
Laney_Bug

Hey,
What about making a few flower boxes,that would sit on the porch. Also maybe some for the windows. Apply hooks and hang your keys. Maybe even make picture frames.

Bookmark   October 10, 2005 at 10:56PM
quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)

I make garden signs from pieces of wood that size, mounted to stakes. Then I use black paint and caligraphy letters to say things like "herbs" or "Robin sanctuary" or "garden tour>" etc. When done, I spray it with clear coat. Now I am thinking a wood burning tool would last longer. Now the local garden club wants me to make some for them, so I'd better get crackin.

Bookmark   March 19, 2006 at 6:09PM
More Discussions
where can I find repacement chimney for metal chiminea?
Greetings all! I have a cast iron chiminea which I...
otherchuck
Outdoor Furniture
Hello All, I recently went to home and garden show...
Railroader
Looking for some Adirondack Rockers - Help?
We've fallen in love with the Adirondack Rockers &...
pbx2_gw
Keeping Outdoor Cushions Looking New
My wife and I just spent nearly $200 on outdoor furniture...
raymondo17
Baja chairs
Thought I'd posted a followup - it's disappeared. I...
rosiew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™