Twisted wire, wood picket, fencing sought

fanatic(SoIL5/6)September 16, 2004

I am looking for the wooden picket fencing that is strung on twisted wire (rather than wooden stringer boards) and comes on a roll. I see it alot in pics of the beaches on the East and Gulf coasts but have no idea what it is called or where it can be had. To make matters worse; I live in the Midwest. So, I only see it around here and there (being used) every once in a great while. Can somebody tell me what this is called, and where it can be had? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think it's the same thing as snow/storm fencing in your area. Just check at a builder supply.

    Bookmark   September 17, 2004 at 3:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kriskat30(8 Dallas)

I found some at Lowes in DFW

    Bookmark   September 17, 2004 at 10:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fbdbfh(Z9 Oak Hill ,FL)

I found them at K-Mart in the Garden dept. I buy them alot and they have the best price going!!

    Bookmark   September 19, 2004 at 8:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have also been looking for the rolled picket fencing, 4' height. Searching on-line all of the snow fencing has been the vinyl mesh or some other unsuitable material.. I gave up and bought wooden 4' stakes and 1" X 4" X 8' boards to just build my own. I haven't begun this project yet and would much rather get the regular old-timey wire-rolled fencing. Cheaper and a whole lot easier. I've checked at Alamo, McCoy's, Lowe's, Home Depot and local farm and ranch places, feeder supply places and people tell me they don't make it any more or they can't order it for me. I'll call Lowe's again and see if I can get a smarter clerk. This is getting ridiculous.

    Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 9:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emagineer(z5 CO)

Here is a link below for what you are looking at. It even has different names for the described style.

Here is a link that might be useful: snow /sand dune/water gap

    Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 10:13AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I bought a roll of it to use for crafts a few years ago at Menards.

    Bookmark   April 13, 2007 at 4:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Have you found your fencing yet?

I drove past our "Bomgaar's" (Farm Service store) yesterday and they had rolls of it sitting out there.

I don't know if you have a Bomgaar's anywhere around you.

But it is like a Tractor supply ...where they have horse tanks....feed and things for farms....and lots of other good things too.

So they do still make it.


    Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 9:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Sorry...I should have paid attention....This is such an old post...I didn't realize that.

I guess this is one of the forums that isn't used anymore.


    Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 9:57AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
covering a container
I have a shipping container I use as a shed. Is there...
I'd guess almost everyone on here knows that the off...
re-webbing old style aluminum furniture
I have some cool old aluminum chairs that I would like...
Source for gardener's peg or dimple
My father whittled from cedar wood an awl looking implement...
Marlene Bohanan
What are these?
Just moved in to a new house. These are hanging in...
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Tapestry Craft Ivory/Coffee
Home Depot
Tinker Desk in Natural
$1,349.00 | LexMod
Bramble - Provence Writing Desk in Multi Color - 24119
Great Furniture Deal
Ceramic Pitcher
$21.99 | Dot & Bo
4'W x 22'L Treated Pine Log Rail Bridge w/White Cedar Posts & Railing
Monica Pedersen Bellevue Drapery
$159.00 | FRONTGATE
X-Club Table Lamp by LZF
$2,250.00 | Lumens
Damasco SP P Pendant
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™