Pics of my garden.

containergirlJuly 9, 2006

Here are some pics of my balcony gardens. I have two balconys stacked on top of each other, which I hope to do some fun stuff with. My blog is not really a blog, but more of a photo site at the moment. I just started it yesterday and have a lot of things to figure out!

Here is a link that might be useful: my garden blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryt_gardener

I really enjoyed seeing your pics.
I moved to a rented house last year after owning a home for years and I may be relocating again!
I am so encouraged to see that it is still possible to garden when you don't have a traditional house/yard.

at the rented house i am in right now I have a garden behind the patio--it is mixed flowers and herbs and veggies. I have no idea what sort of place we will have if we move again- house/apartment???

as I'm waiting to find out if we are indeed going to move--I am imagining the different ways to garden in small or rented spaces. Thanks for posting your pics! They are so encouraging! Maryt

Bookmark   July 10, 2006 at 1:08PM
jenny_in_se_pa(USDA7 Sunset 32)

Saw you post over in the Container Forum! You have a cool set of balconies and great selection of plants!!! :-D

Bookmark   July 10, 2006 at 8:17PM
containergirl

Maryt, it's pretty amazing what you can do in a small space. I feel so lucky to be on a street and in a building surrounded by gardeners. All 9 units in my condo have nice deck gardens, as do many people across the alley, next door, etc. I posted in the small spaces/urban gardening forum that you know your an urban gardener when you can admire a half dozen other gardens from the comfort of your own. Sure, I have to lean over the railing to catch a peak at the one below, but it's nice just knowing it's there. Some may call it spying, I call it admiring LOL.

Bookmark   July 11, 2006 at 11:54AM
maryt_gardener

Wow. In my old home, I had a house on 7 acres of land. About 1/2 an acre was probably cultivated in some way--into some kind of garden.
I have now a small yard, bordered by houses on every side. Its rented. We just got grass this spring, and my garden is small. I did learn though that I could be happy with this. Although-I just found out yesterday we are not moving again soon--so I am thinking of putting in another bed for veggies maybe. :-)
This is a SMALL garden to me-- but I was thinking the next one might be a balcony--now I feel like I have a huge one after seeing your pics and post.

STill--I remember one of the neatest books I ever read was by a guy who lived in an apt somewhere in NYc. He had a garden in his apartment that was entirely made of seeds,and pits from things he had eaten! It was such a neat book. :-)

Gardeners are gardeners I think, no matter what the space constraints they are always in the dirt. Mary t

Bookmark   July 11, 2006 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
time to get your starts planted
Just check to see what other are doing as far as getting...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
Balcony garden in Wisconsin.
My sister has a 2nd floor apartment with balcony and...
sarcastichousewife
How can I make unique?
How can I make my balcony gardening unique?Please give...
Sanjok Dangol
Brown spots on leaves
Hello everyone, thanks for reading my post. I inherited...
alpinejames
Need help for my balcony kitchen garden
Hi from Ahmedabad. I have two big balcony of about...
saisula
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™