Geranium question

sparkleclown(6)March 10, 2010

I have two geraniums that I am trying to over winter. One is doing very well and I may even try to take some cuttings of it.

My problem is the other one and I really love it. It is one I never say before, the flowers are kind of spiky that's the best way I can discribe them, and the nursery where I bought them has gone out of business so I don't know where to find them again.

Most of the plant died back. Now I have one stem about 6" tall with four little leaves on it. Is there hope to end up with a nice viable plant? Should I cut it and try to root it? Kind of afraid to tamper with it but I just don't know how to help it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sarahbarah27(5)

Make sure that the soil is not too wet, let it sort of dry out between waterings. If it is in a big pot you could transplant it into a smaller one, so that its not sitting in wet soil for long periods of time. I would be afraid to tamper with it also, but if it is in too large and pot and the soil is too moist, that will surely do it in. I find that my overwintered geraniums like being on the dry side. Good Luck, I hope it pulls through!

Bookmark   March 11, 2010 at 7:07AM
More Discussions
gerris2
Sunflowers Concerns: Current pot sizes and future home, the lawn
I started my first sunflower last August with seeds...
invisigoth
Sweet Peas: How to keep alive after 1 ft?
I've tried growing Sweet Peas. They get to about 1...
ladyrose65
It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 31
Hello everyone, Welcome to this ongoing message thread....
zen_man
Annuals reseeding in pots?
Hi there. I have kind of an odd question, couldn't...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™