some photos...

romando(9b/10a , sunset 17)October 12, 2005

I've never posted on this forum; I usually hand out on the seed exchange, but finally have some photos! You'll have to cut and paste the link...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=225207243106

Amanda 'romando'

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
posiegirl(5b)

I couldn't find your photos. Next time you want to post a web address, just put it in the box below labeled "Optional Link URL:" and name it something like "Photos." Then try it to make sure it works, and be sure it doesn't require a password to get in to the site.

Bookmark   November 4, 2005 at 12:44AM
romando(9b/10a , sunset 17)

I'm sorry guys! I did make a link to it on my member page, which takes you to the slideshow. That one works!
Amanda 'romando'

Bookmark   November 4, 2005 at 11:41AM
tumbleweeder(Z6/KS)

Wow! You really have a lot of flowers growing in your little spaces. This gives me hope! I just moved into an apartment with a tiny weeny balcony that adjoins my neighbors. I am hoping to be otu of there by spring, but you never know. You've given me inspiration to grow a lot and not be afraid of what I can and cannot put out there, my draw back is that I woulld have to find a place to winter some of what I want to grow....dratz!

Bookmark   January 6, 2006 at 6:47PM
VGtar

VERY NICE!!!
I love your setup. It looks just like my fantasy for my own balcony! You've given me hope! -I can now see, that I can get room for many more plants out there!!!

Bookmark   March 12, 2006 at 6:33PM
sheryl_ontario(Muncho Lake, BC z2)

I can't get in without joining and I'd prefer not to.

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 6:39AM
cave76(8)

I love your garden! I'm especially curious about your African Violets and how they're planted in cups or other non-flower pot things.

How do you keep from over-watering--- What do you put in the bottom for drainage? I'm a first time owner of an AV (someone gave me when they moved). I'm limited in space inside but would love some miniature AV in garage sale tea cups.

Bookmark   May 26, 2006 at 8:40PM
toronto_sal

Holy moly, that is AMAZING! So many different personalities! I love all the different pansies you have, especially the black one with the white edge. And the trumpet hanging out of the tiny little pram - SOOO great! You are a busy lady. I'm renaming it Amanda's Technicolour DreamGarden.

Bookmark   May 26, 2006 at 10:55PM
romando(9b/10a , sunset 17)

Aw, shucks! Thanks, guys! I actually have lots more photos to add to the slideshow, but I just haven't had time to update it yet. I recently got an iochroma and a brugmansia sanguinea, and it's coming in to poppy season also, so I have SO many beauts to show off now! As for the african violets, they aren't actually planted in the teacups; they're in very small 2" pots which are set into the teacups. There is about a 1/2 " of space between the bottom of the plastic sleeve and the inside surface of the cup, for drainage. However, I DO have a fair amount of african violets actually planted in pots without holes; in those, I am much more cautious when watering. And yes, I've lost a couple. But mostly, it works!

Amanda 'romando'

Bookmark   May 27, 2006 at 12:14AM
More Discussions
Container watermelon
This is the third year we have been growing watermelons...
Misty2629
Cala Lillies
Hi! I received a gift of some beautiful Calla Lillies...
RuthScales
Daffodils
Hi there! I'm a complete beginner at this so bear with...
RuthScales
Extremely leggy plants?
Hi everyone, I'm rather new to gardening (started this...
oldcrowcentralFL
Brown spots on leaves
Hello everyone, thanks for reading my post. I inherited...
alpinejames
Sponsored Products
New Runner Geometric Veg Dyed Hand Knotted Wool Baluch Ivory-Blue Area Rug Free
BH Sun Inc
Renaissance New Heirloom Gold Two-Light Amethyst Heritage Handcut Crystal Wall S
$922.00 | Bellacor
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kaleen Rugs Divine Ice 8 ft. x 11 ft. white
Home Depot
Capri Abalone Chandelier
FRONTGATE
Who Do You Love Frame in Black
$14.99 | Dot & Bo
NFL 12 x 15 in. Brett Favre Minnesota Vikings Player Plaque - 1215FAVRE
$32.99 | Hayneedle
Kani Satin Nickel Four-Light Square Canopy Bath Fixture with Garnet Glass
$544.50 | Bellacor
Darya Rugs Ziegler, Blue, 5'1" x 6'7" M1746-32