Is Wave Petunia scented??

olympia_gardener(5)May 22, 2012

I bought some 1Q size wave petunia from Lowe that deos not have any scents. However, I saw/smelled exactlly same pink container wave petunia in other big box store that has very nice sweet scent. I am confused, Does anyone in this forum know that Wave Petunis is suppose to have scent or not??

It also said wave petunis will grow 2-3' long, is it good as hanging container plants?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goblugal(7)

Wave petunias weren't developed to have a specific scent, just the standard petunia scent (that I actually don't like). You may have noticed a stronger fragrance in the other store if it was a different time of day, or they had just been watered, or were in full sun. Wave petunias are spreaders, and will cascade in a basket. Easy Waves start out mounded, then start to cascade, and I think make a nicer basket

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 12:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olympia_gardener(5)

Hi, goblugal. Thanks for confirming its spreading habit. I just want make sure the inforamtion from the big box store is correct... many times they aren't in my experiences.

My Wave petunia is in the sun, and was watered and in different time of the day , no scent at all. Not even a hint of common petunia scent which i have in my garden. The other wave petunia does smell just like the common petunia... sweet scented but not strong scent. And my Wave petunia flowers seems a bit smaller too.

Both labeled "Wave" petunia in differnt stores aren't the same Wave petunia.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 10:56AM
More Discussions
plant id please
This is blooming in my house right now. I had it outside...
sorie6
Question About Sowing Larkspur
I live in east Texas. Can I sow Larkspur now? If so,...
alameda/zone 8
Seed order
Finally got around to ordering my seeds. I usually...
mxk3
Impatiens dropping buds and yellowing leaves
I posted this in the impatiens forum, but not much...
joannemb
Best medium for starting seeds
In a previous thread I was advised to use a seed starting...
zaphod42
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™