Dazzler Galardia - new fave

mandolls(4)July 1, 2012

I tried these last year and loved them, so planted seed again this year. They get a bit floppy, and need support but worth the trouble, and hold up well in a vase too. These are the first blooms, but should keep going all summer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

I'm wondering about the floppiness issue. These plants thrive in plenty of direct sun and 'lean ' soil. If over fertilized, they can develop weak stems. Just a thought.

Gaillardia are so pretty but I stopped growing them because I hate to deadhead. I'm losing out, I know. These are such tough, colorful perennials. Your "Dazzler " are great.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 4:20PM
GardenStater11

I may be wrong but that is not Dazzler. It looks to be the 'Gayla Coral Spark ' Gaillardia variety which is a perrenial for me! Correct me if I am wrong!

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 4:22PM
mandolls(4)

I grew them from seed that I bought from Park's. Its the second year I have grown them and Parks identifies them as Dazzlers. They dont seem to be a perennial in WI.

Rhizo -I do have them in rich soil and only 5 or 6 hours of sun, so that may account for the floppiness. I love them anyway and they last pretty well as cut flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dazzler Mix Galardia

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 7:09AM
More Discussions
What seeds are you starting this year?
I am already planning what seeds I will be starting...
Linda's Garden z6 Utah
Growing petunias from seed
Hi, I'm interested in growing petunias from seed and...
bellarosa
Question About Sowing Larkspur
I live in east Texas. Can I sow Larkspur now? If so,...
alameda/zone 8
growing flowers for a wedding
Hi all! My niece asked if I would grow flowers for...
quicksilver
Seed order
Finally got around to ordering my seeds. I usually...
mxk3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™