White cleome?

arlene_82(zone 6 OH)August 20, 2014

Thinking of getting a packet of white cleome (Helen Campbell). Does anyone grow these and are they a true white? I can live with them if they show a bit of pink, but I'd like to know what to expect. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zen_man

Hi Arlene,

"...and are they a true white?"

When you google "white cleome" in their images mode, you get a lot of different pictures of white cleome, taken by a lot of different people, so the consensus looks like white cleome are a reasonably pure white.

ZM

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 12:07AM
samhain10(5a - MI)

I'll second zenman's assessment, and add a pic of my own white cleome from this month. I have no idea about a named variety, but so far I've only seen cleome in pure white, pink or purple, no shade which was a mix of colors.

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 9:35AM
arlene_82(zone 6 OH)

Thanks for the responses!

zenman, I don't think I've ever seen a pure white cleome in real life, though I have seen photos online and in catalogs. One of the reviews on Amazon (not for the H Campbell, but a different type of white cleome) stated they all came up pink & white, so hopefully a pure white cleome isn't hard to obtain based on the google images and samhain's experience.

samhain, what a gorgeous photo! I definitely need these next year. I have had cleome come up looking like , which produced seeds that yielded much darker totally hot pink flowers the next year.

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 10:14AM
dbarron(z7_Arkansas)

I like your linked photo, Arlene....looks like flowers change color on 2nd day (I like that).

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
Annual vine choice
If you had to choose between hyacinth bean (Lablab)...
mxk3
Growing morning glories on the shady side?
I was wondering how much shade will Heavenly Blue morning...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
Best medium for starting seeds
In a previous thread I was advised to use a seed starting...
zaphod42
ornamental pepper?
I bought this plant as an ornamental pepper ('Black...
terratoma
Hyacinth bean vine (Lablab)
Anyone grown this one? I grew hyacinth bean a long...
mxk3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™