Cheap Seeds In Stores.

courtcourtJanuary 22, 2010

The 20 cent seed packets (and the $1 and up seed packets) have hit our Wal-marts in my area. A very small display of seeds have been out at my Kmart since before Christmas (40% off Ferry Morse, but it's maybe 20 different flowers/veggies, not the big displays), and Lowe's and Home Depot have theirs out now as well (but I wouldn't call them cheap!) I'm a winter sower, and came home with 20 packets of stuff to deal with over the weekend. :)

I haven't seen anything at either Dollar Tree or Dollar General yet, and haven't been to Big Lots in awhile.

Anyone else finding cheap seeds anywhere?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Beemer(4a)

I think that 1.20 or less price for a pkg of Burpee seeds is a good value at my Menard's. (40% off 1.95 pkgs).

I get Burpees quality of about 1/2 the varieties I am planning to plant and don't have to buy the large pkgs of seed through the mail. The rest I am planning to buy from Pine Tree Seeds.

I spend less for the same number of varieties of seed this way than I would using $25.00 off $50.00 purchase from catalogs.

Bookmark   January 23, 2010 at 10:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden_proj_mgr(7)

I can't pass a dollar tree now without stopping in and looking for the seed display. No luck so far.

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 4:15PM
More Discussions
Go Green with used coffee bags
I just want to share how I give another life to the...
avgusta_gw
Where Can You Get Free 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels?
Where can you get free 55 gallon plastic barrels? I...
raspberryflyer
Clearance plants - savings thrill
The past few weeks I have had a lot of luck finding...
kandm
Homemade Insecticidal Soap Formula
Today I visited John Starnes' blog: Rosegasms And I...
sandandsun
Frugal raised bed
I need a suggestion for a raised bed to go in my very...
rainydaywoman_z8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™