covers for patio swing

lee53011(5)March 9, 2009

Has anyone ever been able to find replacement covers for those wal-mart patio swings? There is no maker name on it, and the top and cushions rotted away! I hate to throw it away when the metal is like new, but I can buy a new one for $100, so it doesn't pay to spend a fortune having a top custom made.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

Well, if you are handy with a sewing machine, Ebay can be your best friend. I purchased a bolt of off white Sunbrella fabric for under $100.00. I recovered about 10 cushions, made a slipcover for my leather sofa (Leather sticks to your skin during summer and drives us nuts, but the slipcover feels great on those hot days). I made a couple tablecloths and a set of placemats also. I still have some fabric left for patch jobs in case I need them!

I love the Sunbrella fabric because it is Sun Proof AND Water Proof. It washes like a dream! There are different weights. I chose the fabric weight, NOT the Canvas. My sewing machine is NOT heavy duty and I was afraid it couldn't handle canvas.

Good luck to you!

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 11:51AM
jerryngeorgia31557(8)

Get with Wal-Mart and get the company name from them. A friend did.

Bookmark   July 14, 2009 at 1:38AM
aeiger(Z7bNC)

I got a wooden swing with top from a freecycler. The frame was there but no no fabric. I bought some cheap canvas from art goods store and primed it. Then when my grand kids (2 and 5)visited last summer I let them go with a bunch of acrylic paint. Viola' original art for my swing! /Abi

Bookmark   July 16, 2009 at 8:35PM
backyardpatio

Replacement canopies and cushion covers for your patio swing can be purchased at swingcushioncovers.com.

If your swing is only a few years old sometimes you can get a replacement from the manufacturer. You will not get a better grade fabric than what came with the original (most of them faded or fell apart pretty quickly).

The web site above uses Sunbrella awning grade fabric that comes with a 10 year fabric warranty. They make most models and you have a choice of colors. Call them directly at 209-267-8155.

Good luck. Before you buy, compare the fabric. Best to replace it with a fabric that will be durable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swing Cushion Covers and More

Bookmark   July 30, 2011 at 1:45PM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

friend of mine sowed a new one out of a fabric shower curtain. turned out pretty good.

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Mother Lode This AM
I have been collecting 5 gallon buckets from several...
scottsmith
Frugal raised bed
I need a suggestion for a raised bed to go in my very...
rainydaywoman_z8
Cleaning vinegar rain barrels
I was able to get a blue inudstrial rain barrel from...
adker
Clearance plants - savings thrill
The past few weeks I have had a lot of luck finding...
kandm
How do you ask for free stuff?
Just wondering how one goes about asking for free stuff....
Raptor666
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™