covers for patio swing

lee53011(5)March 9, 2009

Has anyone ever been able to find replacement covers for those wal-mart patio swings? There is no maker name on it, and the top and cushions rotted away! I hate to throw it away when the metal is like new, but I can buy a new one for $100, so it doesn't pay to spend a fortune having a top custom made.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance

Well, if you are handy with a sewing machine, Ebay can be your best friend. I purchased a bolt of off white Sunbrella fabric for under $100.00. I recovered about 10 cushions, made a slipcover for my leather sofa (Leather sticks to your skin during summer and drives us nuts, but the slipcover feels great on those hot days). I made a couple tablecloths and a set of placemats also. I still have some fabric left for patch jobs in case I need them!

I love the Sunbrella fabric because it is Sun Proof AND Water Proof. It washes like a dream! There are different weights. I chose the fabric weight, NOT the Canvas. My sewing machine is NOT heavy duty and I was afraid it couldn't handle canvas.

Good luck to you!

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 11:51AM
jerryngeorgia31557(8)

Get with Wal-Mart and get the company name from them. A friend did.

Bookmark   July 14, 2009 at 1:38AM
aeiger(Z7bNC)

I got a wooden swing with top from a freecycler. The frame was there but no no fabric. I bought some cheap canvas from art goods store and primed it. Then when my grand kids (2 and 5)visited last summer I let them go with a bunch of acrylic paint. Viola' original art for my swing! /Abi

Bookmark   July 16, 2009 at 8:35PM
backyardpatio

Replacement canopies and cushion covers for your patio swing can be purchased at swingcushioncovers.com.

If your swing is only a few years old sometimes you can get a replacement from the manufacturer. You will not get a better grade fabric than what came with the original (most of them faded or fell apart pretty quickly).

The web site above uses Sunbrella awning grade fabric that comes with a 10 year fabric warranty. They make most models and you have a choice of colors. Call them directly at 209-267-8155.

Good luck. Before you buy, compare the fabric. Best to replace it with a fabric that will be durable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swing Cushion Covers and More

Bookmark   July 30, 2011 at 1:45PM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

friend of mine sowed a new one out of a fabric shower curtain. turned out pretty good.

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Cheap grow lamps/seed lamps/seed cultivation methods
I am ready to start my own plants from seeds. But I...
schroedinger
Mycorrhizal Fungi
Been searching google and youtube endlessly for info...
QuinnaBrennan
Stay Away from Michigan Bulb
Just wanted to warn others that I had a bad experience...
Lynn_Z9
African Keyhole Gardens
I saw instructions and pics for creating this water-saving...
rainydaywoman_z8
Mother Lode This AM
I have been collecting 5 gallon buckets from several...
scottsmith
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™