fascinated by cuttings!

tracm(9 CA)April 5, 2005

my neighbor gave me some cuttings from her Brugmansia plant and they have taken off like a wildflower and I have blooms already. What other types of plants do this? I know my geranium does as I have it growing all around my house, and its just from one plant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseyp8255(z8 - SC AL)

Hi - question - did you just put them in the ground, or do the water thing 1st?

Now on to your question....there are LOTS of plants that will do it - check out the Propagation forum for lots of tidbits....forsythia will do it easily - weigelia - confederate rose - gardenia - the jasmines....i know for a fact that Jade plants are grown as bushes out in California (San Digeo?), b/c that is where mine came from - my grandmother brought some leaves back from a trip, bakc in 1986 - and the "mama plant" is still going strong - although it does go in the greenhouse here instead of staying outside...

roses will also do it, but not near as easy as others...

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Propagation Forum

Bookmark   April 5, 2005 at 11:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tracm(9 CA)

Thanks for the great tips! As for my Brugs, i received 2 in a bucket of water which I put into pots with potting soil. The other thats blooming already was given to me in a pot, so I planted it into the ground in a sunny well watered spot in my backyard.

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 11:42AM
More Discussions
Stay Away from Michigan Bulb
Just wanted to warn others that I had a bad experience...
Lynn_Z9
Homemade Insecticidal Soap Formula
Today I visited John Starnes' blog: Rosegasms And I...
sandandsun
Frugal raised bed
I need a suggestion for a raised bed to go in my very...
rainydaywoman_z8
Creative Recycling
A lady in our daylily club brought her plants to the...
ChismTrail
Mother Lode This AM
I have been collecting 5 gallon buckets from several...
scottsmith
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™