Cheapest place to buy seeds and plants online?

takadi(7)May 6, 2009

I'm looking for the cheapest online source to buy seeds, cuttings, plants, heirlooms, catalogs, etc. with the least sacrifice of quality. Can anyone list any places they know, their experiences with them, and if possible, list them from cheapest to most expensive?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spiderwoman(z6so.cent.PA)

Try valueseeds for inexpensive seeds. It is the clearance outlet for T&M. Shipping is a flat fee of $1.99 and all seeds are .99 cents or less. The seeds are sent without the outside packet so you have to do some work in getting the instructions for planting and growing but it is all found on the website. They list new seeds a couple of times a year so you have to keep an eye out for the new listings. Some sought after items sell out almost overnight. Shipping is quick and well done.
spiderwoman

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 5:54PM
megmaine

Fedcoseeds!
They don't sell seeds for 25 cents a pack, but they do have an exhaustive selection of heirloom and open-pollinated seed, they don't do business with Monsanto or carry genetically engineered seeds (they do carry hybrids; hybrids and genetically engineered life forms are not the same thing, for those who may not know).

Plus, they have a lot of Organically Grown seeds for those who want to know that what they grow is 100% organic.

They do their own trials and tell the results openly.

Bookmark   May 15, 2009 at 9:37AM
Kathy547(z8 AR)

I've made a list (& no, I don't make any profit off of them) of seed & plant companies on my website. Not sure which ones will be cheap, but just click on the ones that interest you.

Here is a link that might be useful: seed sources

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 12:09PM
More Discussions
Seed Starting
I use an empty egg carton that the eggs come in from...
garf_gw
Any benefit from used tea bags?
Are these good for the soil or potted plants?
cosmo_kramer
Creative Recycling
A lady in our daylily club brought her plants to the...
ChismTrail
My frugal methods :)
Where do I start??? My biggest expense was the rain...
farmerkevin
need ideas for old trampoline pipes, etc.
My neighbors just took down their 4 yr. old trampoline...
clinda62
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™