need ideas for old trampoline pipes, etc.

clinda62(z9 TX)July 25, 2005

My neighbors just took down their 4 yr. old trampoline and were going to put the pipes, springs, netting, trampoline jumping cloth(for lack of a better term) in the trash to go to the landfill!!! Of course, me being the freecycler of the neighborhood, I could NOT let that happen.

Any ideas????? All suggestions welcomed. OH, and fyi...I'm too OLD for a trampoline myself!

I've also posted this on the Garden Junk forum. Let's see your ideas. I just CAN'T let this go into the landfill.

clinda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseyp8255(z8 - SC AL)

check out the below posting from AL forum......Nigella used leftover trampoline parts for her greenhouse... Wish i could find some - i would build me a 2nd greenhouse! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: greenhouse on the cheap - w/trampoline parts

Bookmark   July 25, 2005 at 11:46PM
mid_tn_mama(6)

I've seen nice chicken tractors made of old trampolines. That means the chickens are grass fed. You move them all over the pasture and they fertilize the pasture and keep it mowed.

Bookmark   July 26, 2005 at 2:01PM
trudyjean82(z8SWGA)

I use the mat as a weed barrier for my newly rooted outside cuttings. And last winter used 3 of the metal supports that are shaped like a U on each end, with one in the middle of a small raised bed to support plastic for tenting over new seedlings. I had to use some short pieces of rebar hammered into the ground to help hold it up and worked great. With the metal U's hollow they just slide right over the rebar. trudyjean

Bookmark   August 15, 2005 at 5:40AM
Spotts(7)

could you make a compost bin out of it?

Bookmark   August 15, 2005 at 1:50PM
rebotrampoline

Is it reuse old trampolines pipes?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rebo Trampolines

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 5:25AM
medontdo(8)

you could also use it for stuff like to let morning glories and such to grow up them, and if you square foot garden, well that would be just awesome!! maybe some kinda arbor? that's what i'd do!! :'))

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 11:15PM
rebotrampoline

Hi.. Is it reused old trampoline pipes. If u know more about reused old trampoline accessories?

Here is a link that might be useful: 10ft trampolines

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 5:51AM
boundtodivide_hotmail_com

Make a greenhouse!

Bookmark   April 5, 2009 at 8:05PM
bencjedi(6 - Central Kentucky)

My neighbor says he is trashing their trampoline too. I told him to let me save the pipes that are used for the netting (to keep kids from falling out) and we can use them for the tomato plants I am planting out for him along his side of my fence. I intend to hang some rope down and we'll train his tomato plants up the ropes. These pipes should stick up 7 feet or so once we hammer them into the ground.

Bookmark   April 5, 2009 at 10:54PM
simplegreenguy

You can cut the pipes in different lengths and make wind chimes.

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 8:11AM
pippi21(Z7 Silver Spring, Md.)

My husband took a piece of pipe about the size of the trampoline pipes and pounded in the ground to support the clematis trellis. He wired the trellis to the metal pipe. It helps to hold it secure because the weight of the clematis vine when it is in full bloom is very heavy. Saw that tip in GardenGate magazine one time.

Bookmark   September 8, 2011 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
bless me father for I have sinned I planted an apple
Here I am, hungry one day, and I buy an Opal apple....
drasaid
Need inexpensive front yard ideas
We are in Southern California and we have a font yard...
teapot7
Home Depot throwing out plants.
Hello, I'm just distraught over this. My daughters...
besteststepmommy
Human urine = seaweed emulsion nitrogen wise
Just wondering . . . . is human urine, sterile and...
drasaid
Mother Lode This AM
I have been collecting 5 gallon buckets from several...
scottsmith
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™