Mop water with Mr. Clean
I mop my business floor almost every morning, using 2-3 gallons of water and about 4 oz. of Mr. Clean. Outside, we have a half whiskey barrel planter full of flowers. The obvious question: will the leftover mop water be helpful or harmful to the plants?
The active ingredient in Mr. Clean is 0.34% sodium hydroxide, which would translate to a small amount (1/74th of an ounce) in my bucket before mopping. This ingredient will presumably push the ph of my potting mix up-- will this be a noticable effect, given the tiny amount of NaOH? Will the other properties of Mr. Clean (antibacterial, "grease-cutting" ingredients in the other 99.66% of the solution) have any effect, or will they be neutralized by dilution and/or heavy bacterial loads from the floor?
Thanks in advance for any advice.