Rain barrel stand

plaidthumbJuly 31, 2005

A single 50 gallon barrel doesn't last long when it gets dry around here. I have access to another barrel, but no place to put it that isn't in the way,or too obvious to the neighbors.

I do have room to stack it without too much problem. Well, the only problem is coming up with a platform strong enought to hold it when it's full. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
username_5(banned for no reason)

good luck stacking 2 50 gallon barrels when full. It can be done, but you are probably (my opinion) better off just buying a commerically made barrel that is designed to look attractive in the landscape and put it where the neighbors can see it.

having said that if you wish to stack then think brick/cinder block cemented together with the top of one/base for the other using rebar reinforced cement that you pour into a form yourself. Make it at least 3" thick and it should be able to support the wieght of the barrel on top.

the whole thing can then be painted in whatever color works best in your circumstances.

Bookmark   August 4, 2005 at 1:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mid_tn_mama(6)

Ours are made with treated 4x4 posts. You should raise them enought to get gravity working for you to get the water out to the garden.

Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
Go Green with used coffee bags
I just want to share how I give another life to the...
avgusta_gw
Mycorrhizal Fungi
Been searching google and youtube endlessly for info...
QuinnaBrennan
Any benefit from used tea bags?
Are these good for the soil or potted plants?
cosmo_kramer
Homemade Insecticidal Soap Formula
Today I visited John Starnes' blog: Rosegasms And I...
sandandsun
Cheap grow lamps/seed lamps/seed cultivation methods
I am ready to start my own plants from seeds. But I...
schroedinger
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™