Window greenhouse?

garden_witch(z6a MI)August 3, 2005

I WILL do this! I have been collecting windows and saving up for lumber and I am ready to go, but....

I am desperately in need of plans, tips, advice, etc. I have helped with some minor and major construction around the house and yard with DH, but he says I am pretty much on my own for this project. Anyone who has built one or knows of any sites or books with helpful info, please reply!

GW

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
njcher(Zone 6)

Better Homes and Gardens featured a greenhouse made from windows. I think it was sometime in the past three years. Not sure on those dates,though.

You can search their archives if you're a subscriber. You have to have the number off your subscription label.

This sounds like one challenging, fun project. I wish you the best and hope you'll be back to post pics.

Cher

Bookmark   August 11, 2005 at 5:14PM
njcher(Zone 6)

Look at this! (posted below)

All you need to know and the third post down talks about the greenhouse I saw in BHG. Apparently it has made it into one of their books.

Cher

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread on Greenhouses from Windows

Bookmark   August 11, 2005 at 5:18PM
nomadh(10-11/so cal)

I like the design listed below. Hope to skip all energy costs. I need to save money not spend more and waste more energy. I've got a whole pile of windows and now have been offered "solar glass" from someone in arizona. Its 4'x8' diffused tempered glass from some type of solar collector. I'm looking to decide if I need it enough to pay $200 shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: solar greenhouse

Bookmark   September 20, 2005 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
need ideas for old trampoline pipes, etc.
My neighbors just took down their 4 yr. old trampoline...
clinda62
Seed Starting
I use an empty egg carton that the eggs come in from...
garf_gw
Plant Poaching
Now, I'm not talking about going into someones yard...
happycthulhu
Mycorrhizal Fungi
Been searching google and youtube endlessly for info...
QuinnaBrennan
African Keyhole Gardens
I saw instructions and pics for creating this water-saving...
rainydaywoman_z8
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™