Heck of a score at Lowe's on tropicals

NinjaPixie(z5 Chicago)September 18, 2005

Happy weekend, everyone! I just came home from a Lowe's store in northern IL -- all of the tropicals/houseplants they were keeping outdoors for the summer are marked down 50%. I'm guessing this sale is standard in any region that's settling into autumn. (If the manager on duty is nice, you might be able to get 'em even cheaper than that!)

An employee said they were on clearance because they can't really take them back in; after the summer outside, they might have a few bugs. No problem, says me...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bruggirl100(z9 FL)

Lowe's is great about marking plants down. Unfortunately, down here in Florida, we don't have a fall closeout. Boo Hoo! But we do have year round markdowns, so that's a plus.

I went to SC last year and got lots of $1 plants on markdown at Lowe's there. They're growing and thriving here.

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 12:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newbieroselover

I bought several tropicals from the marked-down table at Kmart late last summer, enjoyed them in big pots on our deck, then transplanted them to smaller pots to overwinter at my husband's office. (of course, you have to get him to promise to faithfully water them.) Then this spring and summer, they came back home to grace the deck pots again and get even bigger. So I'm planning to continue with the home/office summer/winter cycle as long as the plants enjoy it!

Bookmark   October 1, 2005 at 10:18AM
More Discussions
My frugal methods :)
Where do I start??? My biggest expense was the rain...
farmerkevin
Where can I find 'free fill' or free dirt?
Need some frugal advice. What are the best ways and...
Copperlilac
Mycorrhizal Fungi
Been searching google and youtube endlessly for info...
QuinnaBrennan
Creative Recycling
A lady in our daylily club brought her plants to the...
ChismTrail
Go Green with used coffee bags
I just want to share how I give another life to the...
avgusta_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™