My best resource as a frugal gardener!

newbieroseloverOctober 2, 2005

I'll bet alot of folks already know about this, but have you investigated whether there's a local Freecycle chapter in your community? The only rule about participating is that everything must be free. It's an online exchange where people give and get things for free. We've given away everything from furniture to dolls to dishes to excess Christmas ornaments to clothing to empty plant pots I couldn't use, and I've gotten passalong plants and all sorts of compostable materials for my lasagna gardens and compost piles. A wonderful way to recycle, reuse, and reduce consumption! Check it out.

Janice

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzieh(z9 Altadena CA)

Love freecycle. Super active in the Los Angeles area. So many that we're regionalized. Also love craigslist.com.

I just had a new homeowner pick up all my succulents and geranium cuttings last week. Thanks freecycle!

Through craigslist, I got free bunny manure! Score!

Bookmark   October 2, 2005 at 3:33PM
garden_witch(z6a MI)

I love freecycle =) I just picked up a utility tub last week to use in my "potting room." DH still thinks its the laundry room for some reason =) Last monnth I scored over 150 mason jars for canning my harvest, and I gave away oodles of perennials this summer.

Bookmark   October 5, 2005 at 8:20AM
newbieroselover

I was thrilled to see a short feature about Freecycle on CNN Headline News last night. The more word about Freecycle spreads, the better for the planet!

Bookmark   October 9, 2005 at 8:59AM
newbieroselover

I was thrilled to see a short feature about Freecycle on CNN Headline News last night. The more word about Freecycle spreads, the better for the planet!

Bookmark   October 9, 2005 at 9:00AM
roseyp8255(z8 - SC AL)

Here's a link to a story featured in Saturday's Montgomery Advertiser (AL) - also http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051008/LIFESTYLE/510080312/1004/ARCHIVES

Here is a link that might be useful: Freecycle article - Mtgy Advertiser - 10-8-05

Bookmark   October 10, 2005 at 11:01PM
undercover_owl(8 Pac.NW)

In the newspapers? On CNN!?!

This is where I now get plant containers of which I'm always in shortage. Hooray! No more jabbing holes in salsa containers...I accidentally jabbed a hole in my left hand doing that.

Bookmark   October 10, 2005 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
bless me father for I have sinned I planted an apple
Here I am, hungry one day, and I buy an Opal apple....
drasaid
Mycorrhizal Fungi
Been searching google and youtube endlessly for info...
QuinnaBrennan
Plant Poaching
Now, I'm not talking about going into someones yard...
happycthulhu
How do you ask for free stuff?
Just wondering how one goes about asking for free stuff....
Raptor666
My frugal methods :)
Where do I start??? My biggest expense was the rain...
farmerkevin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™