I have finally gone off the deep end...

garden_witch(z6a MI)October 11, 2005

I will find a use for just about anything...

I was going through the junk drawer this morning to find rolling papers, it's not what you think! Swear! lol! I had a busted cigarette that needed fixin' =) (don;t bother to yell at me for smoking, that's DH's job!) anyway when I was laid off, I 'rolled my own,' getting the big drums of tobacco and stuffing the tubes myself. Every canister had a pack of 100 papers in it. Being the pack rat that I am, I tossed them in the junk drawer.

So, I'm browsing the seed exchange forum, and it occurs to me that there must be a way to use the papers for seed packets. It also briefly occurs to me that some people might be offended by them, but then it occured to me that I didn't care =)

And here it is, a 'Top' quality seed packet...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bruggirl100(z9 FL)

Too funny! Hope you don't get laid off anytime soon again, or you'll regret using those up. LOL

Bookmark   October 11, 2005 at 12:50PM
Tennessee(z7TN)

Funny, funny. Be careful that someone doesn't think those seeds are something the government doesn't want us planting. Ha, ha. My local water utility co. has small little envelopes to put your payment in if the office is closed. Somehow or other a couple have found their way to our house. They make great seed holders. I also use empty film containers for seed sharing. Keep the ha, ha coming we'll need it when winter sets in. Enjoying a beautiful Tennessee day!

Bookmark   October 12, 2005 at 11:08PM
suzieh(z9 Altadena CA)

Well, I don't smoke and used to keep papers around for cleaning my flute keys. Clever idea.

Bookmark   October 14, 2005 at 2:15AM
More Discussions
My frugal methods :)
Where do I start??? My biggest expense was the rain...
farmerkevin
growing a date tree?
I was reading about growing things from the grocery...
jflo
Mother Lode This AM
I have been collecting 5 gallon buckets from several...
scottsmith
Stay Away from Michigan Bulb
Just wanted to warn others that I had a bad experience...
Lynn_Z9
Any benefit from used tea bags?
Are these good for the soil or potted plants?
cosmo_kramer
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™