Where Can You Get Free 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels?

raspberryflyerDecember 17, 2006

Where can you get free 55 gallon plastic barrels?

I used to pick them up at the local Pepsi distributor. They got syrup in them and after they extracted all the syrup out of them they would give them to people who came to get them.

But recently, corporate adopted a new policy prohibiting the plants from giving the barrels away.

So I need a new source, since in the spring I'm going to be teaching seniors how to grow vegetables in plastic half barrels and want to give each student their own barrel to take home to start their own little veggie farm.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

Isn't that the pits?

You might call Pepsi & ask where their discarded barrels are taken when they leave the plant.

Also check with other bottlers, industrial waste collection companies, & your city.

betcha there're a lot of those things sitting around at the landfill.

Bookmark   December 27, 2006 at 6:14PM
chriscat51

I was wondering about this, too - I'd like to make some rain barrels and have heard it's best to use food-grade plastic ones if the water's to be used for vegetable gardening. Never thought about cutting them in half for container gardening, but what a great idea!

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 11:33PM
rollberg

I see these barrel's at a chesse factory I take my kids to all the time, maybe see if there is one in your area?

Bookmark   December 30, 2006 at 2:05PM
happycthulhu(7)

Check the yellow pages for companies that supply soap to car washes.
I got a dozen of them from our local company.
They only give out the ones that can't be closed tight anymore.

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 2:34PM
phoenix7801

Ditto on the car washes. I got a 55 gallon drum from a car wash and wash and rinsed it until it not longer foamed. Then i filled it with water and left it until algae grew and mosquitos found it ok to breed in. I know that sounds weird but if it can support life in flora and fauna form then i know it is safe

Bookmark   January 9, 2007 at 1:05AM
gcountry

I need around four plastic 55 gallon barrels to use for rain barrels so I can water my plants in my high tunnell. I am close to Roanoke Virginia

Bookmark   March 27, 2009 at 10:22AM
dawncols(5)

I found out from the guy at Rain Brothers that while Pepsi doesn't give out the barrels for free any more, our local bottler sells them for $5 each. Not bad, I think. I tried Craig's list and found them for $15-$20 in my area.

gcountry: I did a google search on "cola bottler Roanoke Virginia" and found the following:

www.cokeconsolidated.com
235 Shenandoah Ave NW, Roanoke - (540) 343-8041

Pepsi Cola Bottling Co of Roanoke VA
www.pepsi.com
226 Lee Hwy, Hollins - (540) 966-5200

Good luck!

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 9:54AM
californian

I think a lot of places are realizing that they can sell used 55 gallon drums, or else their employees are, especially if they are clean or easy to clean and didn't contain toxic materials. I buy clean used barrels from a guy who works in a warehouse for $10 each plus $2 each for him to deliver them to me, but I have to agree to buy everything he can get. I resell them for $24 each, so for every one I sell I get to keep one for myself for free. Here in southern California the going price is anywhere from $16 each to $60 each, depending mostly upon who is selling them. Occasionally you see some with closed tops with just bung holes in them cheaper, but usually they have something like glycerine or oil in them that is hard to clean out. At $24 each I can sell all the barrels I can get. So you might be able to get a few barrels for free in some parts of the country, especially if they have some hard to clean out substance in them, but I think it will keep getting harder and harder to find a large quantity for free.

Bookmark   May 3, 2009 at 6:02PM
gatormomx2(9a)

Check with your city water plant .
Ours gives away really nice 65 gallon containers but ...
only If you can find the right person to ask .
My friend just picked up 6 more this week .

Bookmark   May 4, 2009 at 6:42AM
uncle_lar1

I live in central Illinois and have blue poly barrles with bungs available. they are once used and like new, they had water soluble soap in them, no oder. and have been rinsed
I have almost 50 on hand now and get about 24 a month
I would like to get 10.00 each for them but I am open to offers. one person to buy the lot would be ideal

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 12:56PM
uncle_lar1

I am about an hour and a half west southwest of chicago kankakee area im in hennepin, IL rt 26 and 180
send me an email to unclelar1@mchsi.com and I will give you my contact info

Bookmark   May 16, 2009 at 8:40AM
elkins20

I Too am looking for barrels in the Kansas City, Mo. area.

Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 5:44PM
wind_chime

Hi
I am looking for some free/cheap barrels for rain water harvesting in my garden. If you are in the Central New Jersey area and know of any place giving this away, do let me know.

Thanks

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 3:12PM
beet1e

I'm also looking for some barrels in Bucks County Pa.

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 11:22AM
theaccidentalgardner

I am looking for 4 barrels for raincollecting and container gardening in the Chester County/Philadelphia Area.

Any ideas?

Bookmark   June 26, 2009 at 12:51AM
mogardener(z5MO)

If you are in a rural area where a lot of cattle are raised, check with feed stores and farmers who use molasses based protein supplements. These are sold in 20 gal plastic containers and have hand grips on the lip. I have about 30 in my barn and many uses for them, including doing container gardening when I damage the lower part of the sides or the bottom itself. They are too valuable to me for other purposes to drill holes into the bottom of an intact tub.

Bookmark   August 5, 2009 at 11:14PM
crossroads55306

Our church is in need of 20: 55 gallon plastic barrels, we are in the Mpls, St.Paul metro area

Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 11:47AM
sylviatexas1

Put a wanted ad in your local freecycle.

Post on craigslist on the "wanted" area under "items for sale" (or whatever its exact name is).

You can also put "barrel" in the search box on the for sale column.

best luck!

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 7:11PM
dgemiller

I live in the Sacramento, CA area and can sell the barrels for $10/each plus shipping or pick up if anybody is interested.
Thanks

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 11:39PM
ga_karen

We get ours from a floor cleaning service. Biodegradable soap comes in them & he charges us $7 ea.

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 2:48PM
trickycain

Hey everyone, I'm looking for the same plastic drums in the Baltimore area. Found a guy nearby selling them, but they were once used to hold car wash solution. Is it ok to reuse these for rain water collecting? Otherwise, anyone know anyone selling them in the Baltimore area?

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 1:23PM
will2dmax

I'm also looking for a few of these 55 gallon food grade drums, I live around the Rockford Illinois area,any info on obtaining some would be appreciated thanks.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 4:30AM
do1936

Hi, I'm also looking for a 30gal or 50gal plastic barrell to make a composter, I live around the Flint Michigan area, any info on obtaining a barrel will be appreciated. Thanks

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 4:00PM
billy_2010

we are giving away 89 free 55 gallon drums to anyone who is willing to pick them up. They have a little residue in them and some chemical stains on the side. But it is non-hazdarus. They can come indivuidily. Anyone interested??

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 10:55AM
billy_2010

never mind about the previous message, drums are out of stock

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 11:01AM
gardeningprincess

Help! I have been searching to no avail and need ASAP. I need 3 - 4 of these barrels. I live in Chester County, Pa. on the border of Berks County. Thanks so much!

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 6:08PM
ga_karen

Do any of you folks have those throw away papers in your areas??? This is where we located our barrels. We have 5 rain barrels & DH made a composter out of another one!

I stated in an earlier post that we get them from a floor cleaning service. They have had biodegradable soap in them & clean out very easy!

Bookmark   September 13, 2010 at 5:19PM
MarcoCardenas

I live in Los Angeles Where Can I find a place that gives away Free 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels or sells them at low cost?
my number is 310.462.5486 my name is marco text if you can.
Thank You in advance

Bookmark   January 4, 2011 at 4:48AM
marsha-marsha2_webtv_net

Need a source for inexpensive 55 gal drums in the Mendocino County area in CA. Thanks

Bookmark   January 8, 2011 at 6:25PM
ronpersaud_06_gmail_com

any where in ontario contact me buy email ronpersaud.06@gmail.com will pick up for free

Bookmark   January 9, 2011 at 11:57AM
fowldrg_yahoo_com

Need many 55 gal food grade plastic barrels at low cost. Well is failing and need barrels for holding water for livestock
until can repair or drill new well.

Bookmark   January 17, 2011 at 10:13PM
fespo

I would get mine at A self service car wash. Just get the soap ones, not the tire clean

Bookmark   January 23, 2011 at 10:10PM
the_gurgler(DFW TX 7b Sunset 33)

Craigslist is the best place to look. In the DFW area we have plenty of folks looking to unload HDPE 55gal barrels.

Bookmark   February 11, 2011 at 12:59PM
carols_coupons_yahoo_com

I am looking for some 55 gal plastic drums to make rain barrels in the Spring, Tx area. Anyone have a connection in my area? I have tried craigslist already.

Thanks

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 8:56AM
Jboner1_San_rr_com

Looking for food quality plastic barrels to use for collecting rain water. No harsh chemicals residue. Thanks. Jan

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 11:47PM
sentosa48

I am looking for some 55 Gallon water drums for a project I want to do this summer. If anyone here still has some, I would be interested in getting a number of them, 10 or 20 or more if you have them. They must be the open head kind so I can clean them out easily. I live about an hour north of Sacramento, CA but am willing to travel a little ways to get them.

Thanks if anyone here can help.
Sentosa48@hotmail.com

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 1:36AM
ladawnhaws

I would like several food grade drums. I live in Chico, CA, about 90 miles north of Sacramento. If anyone knows how to get them, please let me know. Thanks!

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 8:17PM
mommymammal(z5NY)

For anyone in northern PA or southern tier NY area, there is a supplier who's been advertising in the Owego Pennysaver for years. Has steel and plastic 55 gal barrels available for a reasonable cost ($10-12) and also smaller plastic and steel containers in 5-30 gal sizes. Phone # 570-586-0145. Delivery is also available. They are located about 10 mi south of Tunkhannock. Hope this helps!

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 4:03PM
goodliving

I live in Fairfield County, Connecticut and would like to find/purchase 4 used food grade barrels for collecting rainwater in this area. Any suggestions? Thank you

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 5:01PM
tribalwind(z7 NY, li)

Looking for Drums in Baldwin, NY. Long Island,Nassau,Suffolk,Queens,Brooklyn

20 or more,or less !

516-5 eight 2-8331

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 12:54PM
perezmperez272_gmail_com

Need couple Small Plastic Drums Or Containers For Water,

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 9:33PM
ajayikemi_hotmail_com

where can i get free or buy, 55 gallon barrels with a ring lock in pittsburgh, PA

Bookmark   March 16, 2011 at 12:48AM
bridgepriestley_yahoo_com

looking for 55 gallon open top barrels for shiing missions goods in the minnineapolis,mn. area bridgepriestley@yahoo.com

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 12:35PM
jbeachcorp_yahoo_com

looking for some barrels for use in my home garden....I could use four to six of them. I am in the Ocala, FL area....thanks

Bookmark   March 22, 2011 at 9:10AM
cmkennedy77

Happy Birthday to me. Love my local car wash. Did a yellow pages search and started calling. The bigger ones have more and let you come get them at no charge. More than I needed.

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 11:13AM
merrybookwyrm

How do you clean the barrels from the car washes? What do you use them for? Thank you. -a newb...

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 10:15AM
dimeek_verizon_net

Looking for empty 55 gallon plastic containers..Thanks!

Bookmark   March 28, 2011 at 9:32AM
kpcvasa_yahoo_com

Where can i get frr 44 gallons barrels in Michigan, specially lansing area.

Bookmark   March 31, 2011 at 6:17PM
theresaabailey_yahoo_com

I'm in Boise. Who has them here?

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 12:58AM
ajourni(z6a PA)

For anyone near Beaver County, PA, the Beaver County Conservation District sells 40-gallon plastic drums with removable locking tops for $10 each (or $8 for extra drums IF you purchase a rain barrel kit) at their spring plant sale. If you click on the Spring Seedling Sale Order Form 2011 on the first page of the website, it will give you the dates and info...and the order form, of course. The order form is due by April 15th, though, so if you're interested, you'd better hurry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beaver County Conservation District

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 9:13AM
jblcclbj_yahoo_com

Anyone have 2-4 55 gallon drums available in the san francisco bay area peninsula, such as Palo Alto, CA? Thanks!

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 9:18PM
juliev_csparks_org

Chicago area - I'm looking for food-grade plastic and wood barrels we can use for rain barrels. Need about a quantity. Anyone know where I can get them for free or at low cost?

Bookmark   April 7, 2011 at 4:13PM
Bluengoldirish1_gmail_com

I am looking for about 5- 55gal. blue plastic drums if anyone has any in the area please let me know,Thanks.

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 1:30PM
windgap_northernnurseries_com

I am looking for 55 gal drums near wind gap pa or the abe area. free is perfect and we can pick up or cheap if the price is right. please let me know!

Bookmark   April 15, 2011 at 12:28PM
e_beacham(7)

I'm in Marietta, GA (NW Atlanta). Interested in free 55 Gal barrels or IBC totes (preferable food grade) to use for rain harvesting & drip irrigation for a garden this year. I have a P/U truck & trailer to move them. - Ed

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 6:27PM
rfci

Looking for free 55 Gal plastic barrels in Plant City, FL.

I need half plastic barrel for my scientific research.

I am running scientific research to determine which Blackberry varieties will survive and grow in our climate and then harvest to maximize nutrient content.
Charles

Bookmark   May 19, 2011 at 9:57PM
k2marsh

I had been looking all over for rain barrels. Most were far off for $20.00 or more. I found my free barrels at a car wash a few blocks away. They had wheel cleaner in them. I cleaned them out and added some soda water to them.
1 1/4 inches of rain filled my two barrels. (I got 5). I emptied them out and now I am waiting for the next rain.

Click the link below to see my new rain barrels after they were completed.

Karyl

Here is a link that might be useful: My FREE Rain Barrels

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 5:17PM
Redmond_aquagrow

I need atleast 1 55 Gallon drum for barrelponics (aquaponics in A barrel) and i would like a few for some dirt farming grow beds does anybody know a place in the Seattle area to get them for -$20 because i can't afford to spend to much on these.... Thanks for any and all help and have a nice day

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 8:37PM
kim_and_co_msn_com

I'm also ooking for free or inexpensive 55 gal plastic barrels. I'm in the Gwinette County, GA area(Northeast of Atlanta) Thanks!

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 10:36AM
ga_karen

We got our 55 gal. plastic barrels from a floor cleaning company. They had held biodegradable soap so are fine for rain barrels once they have been thoroughly cleaned. They cost us $7 ea.

Got enough "soap" out of them to wash both cars twice! ((big grin!))

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 1:39PM
visa2014

Im looking for 55 gal or 57 gal barrels. please let me know if you know where I can get some Thank you.

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 8:43PM
sacroft_bellsouth_net

I am looking for free or cheap 55 or 30 gallon barrells for water storage. Anyone know where I can get them in either the Jacksonville or Gainesville, Florida area. My phone is 352-478-5001 God Bless!

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 6:34PM
vinhkt_tran_yahoo_com

Im looking for 55 gal or up barrels. please let me know if you know where I can get some Thank you.

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 6:37PM
denise_willey_dla_mil

I would like to find a place in the Hampton Roads Virginia area that I can get 55 gallon barrels for rain water. I am willing to go to some parts of North Carolina.

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 10:55AM
josie4619_gmail_com

I am in the springfield, mo area and would like 55 gal plastic barrels with lids. Does anyone know where I can get a couple?

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 12:04AM
enelson54_gmail_com

Looking for barrels to collect rain water.

Dallas TX area.

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 3:59PM
lejolitournesol

I am moving to South Georgia, east of Atlanta area, anyone know where I can find these 55 Gallon Barrels (Food Grade), or at least can be cleaned out? Please email me: lejolitournesol@yahoo.com

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 10:09PM
DAPHNE_SUNY0372_GMAIL_COM

I AM TOO LOOKING FOR THE BARRELS. I LIVE AT COBB COUNTY (MARIETTA, GA). IF ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THESE BARRELS, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT DAPHNE.SUNY0372@GMAIL.COM

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 7:41PM
lynchjul_hotmail_com

I live in the DC area. Can you tell where I can get these plastic drums barrels from. I particularly want the ones with the ring around the neck I can lock up.

Bookmark   August 17, 2011 at 7:13PM
livermortis_aol_com

I would really like to find one of the 55 gallons barrels; it is very, very important that I avail myself of one. Anyone out there who can help please let me know. I am in Richmond Virginia.

Bookmark   August 19, 2011 at 3:16PM
debbysolomon_att_net

Seeking clean, food grade barrels with lids for personal rain barrels. Romeo, Michigan area. Thank you!

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 8:50PM
Espie1

I'm seeking clean plastic barrels with a metal ring for locking in or near the Chicago, IL. area.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 4:11AM
ga_karen

You folks looking for barrels need to do more searching on your own!
Call places that use products that come in large containers...pool supplies, floor cleaners, etc. Call your local county extension office to see if they know of a source. If you have a conservation dept...call them.
You might even be able to find a source thru your local junk yard...they may know who has them.

Bookmark   October 9, 2011 at 11:52AM
katkni(4)

I just saw 2 food grade barrels on Freecycle yesterday, so they're out there. It's the kind of thing you have to be willing to put in the time and wait if you want them for cheap/free.

Bookmark   December 3, 2011 at 9:13AM
bushbass

Anyone ever use an old hot water heater instead of plastic barrels for rain collection? Can anyone think of any reason I should not do this?

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 2:01PM
stormy_weather(5)

Just a tip: check with your local newspaper also. My dad got barrels there. I think they are free, but the guy he gets them from charges $5 each to deliver them for him.

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 5:57PM
earthE

Does anyone know where I can get some in the Sacramento, CA area?

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 4:17AM
Paul010203

Hello, if anyone still has any 55 gallon barrels, please email me: prosper637@gmail.com

I am looking to pick up at least 20.

Thank you.

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 7:00PM
Lgregory

Fortistar Greenhouse has alot of 55gal plastic drums which are giving them away for free, just call at 716-694-0085. They are located in North Tonawanda NY
You'll have to make arrangements to pick them up yourself

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 10:35AM
roycejeremy

My nephew is looking for 4 plastic 55 gallon barrels for a raft project for his boy scouts project does anyone know where he can get some. They want to enter a race. They can not afford some of the prices that I have found. We live in CT, I can pick up if close enough for him. I don't know where to get any, a donation will be greatly appreciated by the Boy Scouts of America. They want to enter a race down the Ct river as a project in July but need time to build. I am sorry to ask all of you but it seems that you all seem to KNOW. Thank you if anyone can help, and you can receive pics of the project.

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 9:41PM
roycejeremy

I can offer some free welding services in return for 55 gallon plastic barrels, if that will help make the difference for him. I only have a MIG at home but can do all kinds of welding I am FAA certified.

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 9:55PM
Daisywolf

We need quite a few barrels here in Maine for collecting rain water for our farm for crops and animals. Cannot afford to buy them at the going rate of 20 a barrel, anyone know of where to get some for free Thank you.

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 12:36PM
SandyD48

I have a Son who is doing a Eagle Project for Scout does any body know where or close to Omaha, NE i can pick up cheap 55 gallon barrels the white or the blue.

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 4:02PM
Gail1624

I am looking for free large plastic food grade barrels with tops (preferably 3 ft in height by 3 ft wide) for use as compost bins. I live in Ulster County, NY (Kingston, NY area) Does anyone have suggestions?

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 3:30PM
QmanFlash(8)

Hi, I am looking for these barrels in the Valdosta, GA area. I could actually use several of them for a rainwater collection system and for making compost bins. If anyone knows where to get free ones in this area please let me know.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 8:53AM
Gail1624

A thousand thanks to QmanFlash! I have contacted car wash owners, food distributors, Cornell Cooperative Extension and posted an ad on Craigslist. Apparently the 55 gal drums are reclyced between facilities and their suppliers in my area. I've had no responses on Craigslist since posting same more than a week ago and Cornell Cooperative Extension has not responded to me as of yet. I have been looking at various on line container companies but the one you've suggested seems the best. A brand new 55 gal container with lid would cost approximately $ 100.00. The reconditioned food grade barrel will cost approx. $ 60.00 and be delivered to my door!

Thanks again for taking the time to share the info!

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:55AM
patiogardener2

Looking for low cost barrels in the San Diego, CA area. Anyone know some are available?

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 1:49PM
BigAl13

IF you have a casino near you, they use the plastic 55 gallon drums for cleaning supplies, soap and such... You can get them free or very cheaply... I'm in Biloxi, MS and we have a lot of casinos here, it's a great source... GL

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 4:00PM
Havfirefighter

I am located In Homewood IL and am also looking for Rain Barrels anasgraphics85@yahoo.com

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 5:20PM
sebastian3818

I'm looking for between 4-8 55 gallon drums in the NW Montana area, does anyone have any lines on those?

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 4:21PM
brookster

Hi
I have an offer to buy three barrels. One had formaldehyde and two had gas in them. Are those okay to use for vegetable garden containers
I doubt it but wanted to check here.

Bookmark   October 8, 2013 at 11:13AM
Wallkill14

Seeking food grade 55 gal drums for school and community based rain barrel projects in Sussex Co. New Jersey. Hope to find a source of free to VERY inexpensive drums for New Jersey Watershed Ambassador Program. I would be interested in up to 20 barrels.

Bookmark   November 27, 2013 at 1:52PM
Resol6000

Anyone around TN know where i can get me one of this 55 gallon plastic barrels?

thanks

Bookmark   April 8, 2014 at 5:18AM
crissy.garcia84

I have been trying to contact member: dgemillers... I am interested in the empty drums/barrels you have if you could please e-mail me I'm looking to get some very soon. I also need quite a few and can arrange for them to be picked up as well. my email is cristinag@thomsoninternational.net. If you no longer have any I'm sorry for bugging and please disregard this. Thank you for your time..

Bookmark   June 30, 2014 at 10:09PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Check with your fire departments. My neighbor who is a fireman gave me two 55 gallon drums that fire retardant foam comes in. He said there are plenty of them where they come from.

I also bought food grade 55 gallon drums from craigslist for $25 each. Now I have 5 rain barrels in my garden.

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 2:14PM
Contrastify7

@ dgemiller

Please send me your contact info so I can submit a delivery order. I'm in Gilbert, Az. would greatly appreciate semi bulk amount. Are they food grade/? I'm implementing them for an Aquaponics system.

Here is a link that might be useful: Where Can You Get Free 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels?

Bookmark   July 28, 2014 at 1:12AM
Big.J1961

Can anyone help with blue barrels with lid's in P.A.?

Bookmark   September 9, 2014 at 12:27AM
pinkypinky

Greetings all in need of barrels. I have an abundance of them and sometimes can just give them away and sometimes charge up to 10 dollars for them depending on how many I have. The barrels are in Southern California. they are the beautiful bright blue high grade plastic from italy. slender bottoms and have covers, I can include pictures. We use them to do a base membrane for a green grass roof. the material is like a paint, no odor and non toxic and what little in left can be scraped out of rinsed out. we do not deliver , you need to pick them up. right now I have 8 of them for free in Hollywood in an alley. Please contact me asap for details. In 2 weeks I will have 36 more.

Bookmark   September 16, 2014 at 12:59PM
petek48

I live in North Aurora IL and Im looking for 4 to 6 55 gal plastic barrels perferably with them sealed up all the way around so I can make 2 DIY spinning composting bins and 2 rain barrels we only have 1 income so its hard to buy them if thir exspensive can someone please help ps man its hard learning how to compost without the right equipment.

Bookmark   September 26, 2014 at 6:56PM
seyram

Where can I get a 55 gallon plastic open headed barrel at a very good price $10- $20.

I live in Sussex New Jersey (ifumey@yahoo.com)

Bookmark   December 16, 2014 at 12:25AM
JCTsai(8B - Jacksonville, FL)

You may check craiglist in your area

Bookmark   December 16, 2014 at 6:13PM
stillrael

For those of you in the Cleveland, Ohio area...here is a good place to start

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/4897571529.html

Bookmark   last Saturday at 12:16PM
Carlos Hernandez

Need 55 gallon barrels in Merced ca.email at mando209@live.com

Bookmark   20 hours ago
More Discussions
Home Depot throwing out plants.
Hello, I'm just distraught over this. My daughters...
besteststepmommy
Where do you buy cheap plants? Name your fav sources!
I was hoping we could compile a list of stores that...
ms_minnamouse
How do you ask for free stuff?
Just wondering how one goes about asking for free stuff....
Raptor666
bless me father for I have sinned I planted an apple
Here I am, hungry one day, and I buy an Opal apple....
drasaid
Stay Away from Michigan Bulb
Just wanted to warn others that I had a bad experience...
Lynn_Z9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™