looking for Rubinette, Jupiter, kiwi

zestfest(7)January 28, 2013

Hi there -- I realize this is not the plant exchange forum but I've seen some scion exchange requests posted here so thought I'd give it a try as I'm not getting much response in other venues. Sincere apologies if it is out of line!

This is what I have to offer:
Apple scionwood: I have Florina, Jonafree, Karmijn de Sommeville, and Liberty
Fig: I have Desert King.
Gooseberry: I have Yellow Hinnomaki
Currant: Pink Champagne
Blueberries: I have Polaris and Northland
Grape: I have a vine that is either Reliance, Canadice, and Suffolk. Sadly, I don't know which as the label fell off.

This is what I'm looking for:
Parafilm (hoping this will improve my grafting success)
Apple: I'm looking for Rubinette, Ashmead's Kernel, Kidds Orange Red, Fiesta and Suntan apple scionwood. Also looking for crabapples like Dolgo to use as pollinators.
Hardy Kiwi: I'm looking for males, Issai, and any variety other than Anna and Ken's Red.
Fig: I'm interested in anything that would do well in the Pacific Northwest except for Brown Turkey.
Grape: I'm looking for Jupiter, Price, and NY Muscat cuttings

Thanks & happy growing!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
milehighgirl(CO USDA 5B/Sunset 2B)

zestfest,

According to my records I have Suntan, Rubinette, and Ashmead's Kernel. Give me a chance to go out and check if they have any scion I can take.

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 1:17PM
bob_z6(6b/7a SW CT)

Milehighgirl,

How is the Suntan apple? Stephen Hayes (Fruitwise from UK) seems to really like it, but I haven't seen it around too much. ToA seems to be the only place selling it, and they don't do dwarf rootstocks.

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 9:57PM

bob_z6,

I haven't tasted it yet. I hope to get some this year. I'm pretty sure I bought mine from Cummins.

zestfest,

The first year growth I have is not pencil thickness. I don't mind sending the scion but I don't think it's really large enough in diameter. I'm no expert on grafting. Maybe it would work for a bark or cleft graft. LMK.

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 10:38PM
zestfest(7)

Hi milehighgirl -- TYSM for checking! It seems some people have had success with wood at least 1/8 inch thick, so if you are OK with sending it I'd like to try. I will PM you. Also, I got a message from tedgrowsit but it seems his email is not activated so I can't reply... so I hope he sees this message!

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 11:58PM

As far as legality goes, how does one send scion from the U.S. to Canada? (I didn't see you were in Canada before)

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Do i need to use wax for this kind of graft or just masking tape?
I am going to be doing 5 pear cleft grafts with 1/4...
tlbean2004
What type of grafting tape do you use?
Last year I used electric tape and got about 98% success...
Mike Hughes
Is San Diego just behind with the flowering??
Any San Diegans or southern Californians here? I see...
brownmola
best tasting pomegranate
I recall an article in CRFG about a year ago about...
markintexas123
Grafting acocados
I am grafting an avocado tree. Is it alright to graft...
tim45z10
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™