Plant or wait on weather HELP!

kyyada(6B-7A)February 24, 2014

Hello:

My order of trees from California will be here mon. The temps are going to be in the upper teens here wed night. Planting them is no problem as the temp is 45 Mon and I have a rotary plow to dig the holes, I also have a truck load of mulch. I am wondering what state of dormancy they will be in and how the temps will effect them. I am posting now as I figure they will be here around noon. I have an unattached building but no heat and I wonder if I would be better off to plant them. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a

Last year I had trees come early, and planted them. They were coming out of dormancy, had flower buds even. They went back into dormancy. Came out on time and grew well last summer. I wasn't sure what to do either, so I emailed Michigan State University home garden services. They told me to plant them. It was about March 7th in zone 6a. Last frost was April 29th last year, so temps dipped down to 28 degrees a couple times. Tree seem to have no problems at all. So I guess I would plant them if you can work the ground.

Bookmark   February 24, 2014 at 8:59AM
More Discussions
Are these roots that are forming on a callery pear cutting in water?
As you may know, i took cuttings of a flowering pear...
tlbean2004
Raising Blackberries For Fun and Profit-Prime Jim
I stumbled across this video on Prime Jim blackberries....
2010champsbcs
Converting typhoon damaged hillside forest to blueberry plantation
Hello all We've recently obtained a small strip of...
theniceguy
My Backyard planting experience (so far) - Zone 4a/b Quebec, Cana
Hello all, When starting out I have found this forum...
hungryfrozencanuck
Help... pest eggs on orange fruits
Orange fruits got quite some eggs on them. I have searched...
funlul
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™