western NC Piedmont area fruit growers group

cousinfloydFebruary 15, 2013

I heard about a separate group of fruit and nut enthusiasts in the Triangle that met and organized recently, and that's led me to hope that a similar group might come together in the western Piedmont, roughly in the Hickory-Greensboro, Charlotte-VA line area. There's already a small number of people that have connected by e-mail, but we haven't organized an initial in-person meeting yet. The idea of the group would be to facilitate communication and sharing between area fruit and nut growers, especially anyone interested in propagating, grafting, and otherwise growing fruit and nuts. Meetings might be hosted at alternating members' backyards/orchards/etc. and might only take place as little as once per year, but the hope is that they'd facilitate other exchanges and cooperative activities between members. If you're interested even in just keeping up with the group by e-mail get in touch with me and I'll catch you up on what's happened already by e-mail. Let me know, of course, if you have any questions.
-Eric

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
resalesally(6B/7A)

WNC is not the same :(

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 9:15PM
cousinfloyd

Yeah, I meant that as the western Piedmont of NC. I thought about that after I phrased it that way. Surely WNC has more than enough potential to do the same thing, though.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 11:03PM
trianglejohn

Asheville has a group. I don't know its name but it was mentioned at the Triangle Groups meeting.

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Loquat tree
My darn tree has stopped sending energy to the fruit....
tim45z10
Are these roots that are forming on a callery pear cutting in water?
As you may know, i took cuttings of a flowering pear...
tlbean2004
avacado seed help ASAP
So I chose the damp paper napkin method to get my seed...
Trisha Stewart
Paw Paw in Monmouth County NJ
I'm interested in growing several fruit trees on my...
ritzandbigb1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™