PF 8 Ball White peach

Dan.NYFebruary 17, 2012

I just ordered one of these trees, along with a Raritan Rose. This is apparently very new variety and I hope it performs well. Supposed to be good to -12F. I dont get that low very often.

Does anyone have one of these planted or know anything about this peach?

Thanks

Dan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dan.NY

I am assuming nobody knows much about this so I will periodically post something about it here once I have it in the ground and it starts growing.

Dan

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 11:31AM
Dan.NY

This tree came fairly stout from Boyer but already budding and growing. (I wont order from them again though due to other issues) It survived lack of enough rain, deer predation and winter. This spring it came back well and is growing reasonably. Raritan rose, right next to it, also survived and is doing better compared to 8 ball. Growing stronger and faster to date. Deer fence is replaced, tons of water so far and last look one surviving blossom out of maybe 6. I was letting it grow. Hope to see the mature fruit, but am not counting on it.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 12:22PM
Dan.NY

Resurrecting my thread. Summer of 2013 was good for this peach and it did well. Raritan Rose right next to it did grow better, faster, stronger though. However.. that is NOT to say 8 ball did poorly. It did fine. This spring I was set for at least a small crop of peaches from this tree. But.. alas. The mice/voles/rabbits. Whatever decided they wanted to eat the bark from the tree. All the way around the tree is eaten, and its several inches high. The tree is likely going to be dead come the warm weather this spring. Its been a bit of a chore to find this tree for sale as a replacement. I guess not so popular. I think I located another one and am working on getting it for this spring.

The clock will start again if I can get this tree and I will likely update this thread every now and again. Hopefully with better news in three years. This is kind of humbling really and aggravating.

Good news is my Raritan Rose came through (so far...) and I should have peaches from it in August. Happy me!

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 2:43PM
eboone_gw

Can't comment on the 8-ball, but Raritan Rose is a great tasting peach

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 10:21PM
Dan.NY

Well got the replacement for 8 ball white peach from Cummins nursery. Nice place to visit. The tree was quite a bit lankier than boyer. Tall and thin. But its in the ground. Now if we could only get some warm weather it may take off.

Looking forward to my Raritan Rose this late summer. !!! The image here is/was my 8 ball. What a bum deal. grrr.

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 3:05PM
olpea(zone 6 KS)

Dan,

Please keep posting on this thread. I read it every time you add an update. Bummer voles ate the last one. Once you get one fruiting, I'm interested in how you think the peach tastes.

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
How to shape this Grape Vine
Here is a grafted Perlette Grape Vine growing in it's...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
Something ate part of this apple tree
This a seedling I started last year. Last night something...
Orchardman
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Can Apples grow in the tropics?
I was wondering if apples could really be grown in...
Axel
Paw Paw in Monmouth County NJ
I'm interested in growing several fruit trees on my...
ritzandbigb1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™