For Herbalistic.... Update?

silversword(9A)January 26, 2009

Hi Herbalistic,

I'm just wondering if you have an update on your mom's MRSA condition? Did you try a cleanse with her? Did it help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

If we're starting Vol. II of this thread, here's an interesting article in the Science section of today's New York Times, in which Jane Brody asks the question, "Is Dirt Good For You"? Tangentially relevant to the topic of MRSA, more so to hygiene and avoidance of germs.

"Dr. Ruebush, the "Why Dirt Is Good" author, does not suggest a return to filth, either. But she correctly points out that bacteria are everywhere: on us, in us and all around us. Most of these micro-organisms cause no problem, and many, like the ones that normally live in the digestive tract and produce life-sustaining nutrients, are essential to good health.

"The typical human probably harbors some 90 trillion microbes," she wrote. "The very fact that you have so many microbes of so many different kinds is what keeps you healthy most of the time."

Dr. Ruebush deplores the current fetish for the hundreds of antibacterial products that convey a false sense of security and may actually foster the development of antibiotic-resistant, disease-causing bacteria. Plain soap and water are all that are needed to become clean, she noted."

Bookmark   January 27, 2009 at 12:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silversword(9A)

Hi Eric,
Nope, this isn't a Vol. II of any thread. I thought Herbalistic might not want to participate on the other thread since it got so far from the original question.

That's why I posted a separate thread.

Were I interested in debating dirt and germs I would have posted a thread specifically for that purpose.

Bookmark   January 27, 2009 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
bladder infection
My daugter has a bladder infection. I am giving her...
kfgesq
wanted: yerba mansa and sweetgrass
I will pay postage plus trade for starts of these two...
lady_nikki
Headache after B12
I tried taking Vit B12 at the recommendation of my...
ghoghunter
Vermifuges
With global warming, many will be encountering parasites...
eibren
Help... need your advice...
Hi, I know that there are a lot of knowledgable herbalists...
beth1
Sponsored Products
Surya AMD1051 Alameda Area Rug - AMD1051-23
$79.80 | Hayneedle
Blue Square Wall Mirror D├ęcor - Set of Two
$149.99 | zulily
Mandara Handwoven Shag Polyester Rug (7'9 x 10'6)
Overstock.com
Circolo Semi-Flushmount by Kichler
$250.80 | Lumens
Sphere Collection Acrylic 12" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Euro Style Lighting
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Legend Series 36 in. x 66 in. Framed
Home Depot
Oil-rubbed Bronze Kitchen Faucet
Overstock.com
American Drew Tribecca Leather Bar Stools - Set of 2 - ADL4339
$710.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™