Golden Amber Apricot

Jennifer_Ruth(Z 10, Sunset Z 23)February 13, 2007

Hi, friends,

Does anyone know of a source for Golden Amber apricot? Bay Laurel Nursery is already sold out. I grew it about 15 years ago when I lived in Southern California, and it had absolutely wonderful flavor. Now that I have moved back to the same area, I would like to be able to grow it again. Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Scott F Smith(6B/7A MD)

Jennifer, I assume you are not in Indiana anymore but are back in California (it probably won't do well in Indiana). Bay Laurel gets all their trees from Dave Wilson Nursery so I would look at the other places selling Dave Wilson trees. See link below. If you are in California now, there are many retail outlets as well, and they are also listed on the Dave Wilson site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Places selling Dave Wilson trees by mail-order

Bookmark   February 14, 2007 at 8:08AM
greenwitch(Sz19 SoCal)

I saw it on Monday at Lowes in a bag (bareroot) for $14.95. Lowes in Northridge on Corbin, maybe other stores have it as well.
They also have Sunshine Blue blueberries for $14.95 - big with blossoms and fruit.

Bookmark   February 15, 2007 at 4:05PM
Jennifer_Ruth(Z 10, Sunset Z 23)

Thank you both for your help! I went to Lowe's, and they had quite a few Golden Amber to choose from. I'm delighted to have it again.

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 4:29PM
More Discussions
Loquat tree
My darn tree has stopped sending energy to the fruit....
tim45z10
Foliar fertilizer on fruit
I have been using foliar fertilizers more and more...
crazyman2099
3 of my callery pear cuttings now have leaves unfurling?
I took several callery pear tree cuttings on jan 10...
tlbean2004
Something ate part of this apple tree
This a seedling I started last year. Last night something...
Orchardman
What type of grafting tape do you use?
Last year I used electric tape and got about 98% success...
Mike Hughes
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™