Adderall replacement

haseoMarch 28, 2007

A aquitence I know asked me if I knew where to get adderrall I don't I was wondering is there any herbal to take to tide him over until so he can focus well?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy(6)

I think it's something he needs to get from a doctor. It can have very serious side effects and is usually only prescribed for attention deficit disorder, but if he's taking it like 'speed' or a meth high, you shouldn't be helping him there because it's very dangerous.

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 1:43PM
haseo

I was asking if there was anything herbal to tide him over till he can we're college students and we have alot of classes.

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 3:57PM
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

There are no acceptable herbal substitutes for amphetamines to be used to stay awake in or prepare for classes. Misusing Adderall (a prescription amphetamine mix) can have serious consequences.

A time-honored "herbal" preparation for alertness is coffee (Do they still make Jolt Cola (all the sugar and twice the caffeine)?). If you were Peruvian peasants you could chew on coca leaves, but that's sort of frowned upon in this country. :)

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 4:29PM
haseo

Yeah I thought there would be nothing, but it was worth a try.

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 11:14PM
thorndncr

haseo, you might want to try taking a ginko biloba supplement. It won't have the effect you seem to be looking for (wakefulness, prolonged & deep focus), but a regular supplement MAY help with general clarity and concentration.

As I understand it, ginko increases circulation (by thinning the blood?), particularly to the head and other extremities, and it takes time to have a noticable effect. I'm a student, also, and took ginko for about a year, with fair results -- in fact, I'm going back to it. Even if it was merely a placebo, I know of no negative results in trying it. Ginko has been studied pretty extensively, and there's a lot of good information out there. (Most studies that I've seen cautiously conclude that results vary from person to person, but that there's an overall tendency for users to benefit mentally.)

Good luck with school! :)

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
Help... need your advice...
Hi, I know that there are a lot of knowledgable herbalists...
beth1
Herbal Remedies for diabetics
What Herb is grown for the treatment of diabetes? Thanks...
jctsai8b
What;'s in your bottle of herbal supplement pills?
Probably not what the label claims, according to the...
rusty_blackhaw
Vermifuges
With global warming, many will be encountering parasites...
eibren
7 Powerful Turmeric Health Benefits & Side Effects
http://draxe.com/turmeric-health-benefits/
jctsai8b
Sponsored Products
MLAR30LED50-Demo MaxLite LED High Mount Area Light, 30 Watts Gray
EnvironmentalLights.com
Tech Lighting | Tetra Pendant
$198.40 | YLighting
54 x 34 Stone Shower Base Gray Genuine Granite - SPACIUM
Living'ROC
28-inch Bamboo Floor Vase and White Gladiolas