chervil tea for brains

mulcherMarch 6, 2007

I am looking for a tea to help my brain action. i suffer from depression and have lost all my alertness and inteligence and have heard that chervil tea can help. any other herbal remedies would be of interest too - i didn't get on with st. john wort. Its clarity that i need!

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Judy_B_ON(Ontario 5B)

Loss of interest, alertness and slow thinking are classic signs of clinical depression. St John's Wort has been shown to be effective in mild depression.

Clinical depression is a real disease due to low levels of some neurotransmitters in the brain. Your symptoms can also be found in other medical conditions like low thyroid, sleep apnea and anemia. I know this is a herbalism forum, but have you seen your medical doctor to discuss conventional therapy and rule out other diseases or considered seeing a therapist? Talk therapy is also effective for many cases of mild depression.

Here is a link that might be useful: depression

Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 8:52PM
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

If other medical conditions (such as hypothyroidism) have been ruled out as a cause of your depression, non-drug/non-supplement options include regular exercise and light therapy. Both may improve mood and thus help brain function in depressed people.

Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 10:14PM
Daisyduckworth(Aust)

It's a dangerous thing to self-diagnose! Depression can be a condition in itself, or it can be a symptom of any number of other conditions. Get to the root of the problem, and treat that. So, your first step should be to visit your doctor.

Herbs for 'aging' might be helpful if you've eliminated other causes of your poor cognitive functioning. Think of things like Kotu kola (Pennywort), or Ginkgo biloba, or Brahmi (Bacopa moniera). Rosemary is good for the memory.

Do some searching for herbs which 'improve circulation'. With a better blood flow to the brain, brain function will usually improve.

Be careful which herbs you choose. Most have multiple functions, so it's best to consult a suitably qualified herbalist who will be able to prescribe the best ones for you in the appropriate dosages.

Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 3:18PM
Heathen1(10a)

Be careful, or you will truly HAVE chervil tea for brains. :D

Bookmark   March 10, 2007 at 12:58PM
More Discussions
perimenopause - Oestrogen Dominance
Hi, I am 46 in January and have been going through...
roseenglish
Salvia D.
Would this be a suitable place to talk about Diviner's...
winterpeg_man
insect bites remedies
I have used a chickweed salve and most bites clear...
samtom_gw
Paw Paw
Research information suggests paw paw will prevent...
herbalpower
cure for geographic tongue!!! hooooray!!! i found it!!!!!!
What we all have is also known as a "fungus infection...
jtranok
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™