What can I take for constant sinus headaches?

zzackey(8b GA)March 31, 2012

My sinuses are driving me crazy! We live in a very wooded area with lots of pine and oak trees and I have a cat. Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
theherbalist2012

zackey:

I've been investigating the use of nettle for such conditions. However, I'm not convinced because I think my observations are tainted by the fact that some allergy seasons are worse than others. It gives the appearance that nettle helps allergies when, in fact, it may just be a milder allergy season.

If you want to be a part of my experiments, try a short decoction of nettle. (Simmer in water 2-3 minutes, turn off fire, cover and steep for 15 minutes.) Let us know.

Other than that, I can't think of anything proven to help unless you try Claritin D or some other equivalent. (Sounds pathetic coming from an herbalist.)

theherbalist

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 7:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kk1515

tincture of fresh nettle leaf is specific for allergies.

also use a neti pot a few times a day during the season, 1/4 teaspoon of non iodized salt to 1 cup of water, use 1/2 cup to rinse each nostril.

check yourself for food allergens by doing an elimination/rechallenge diet...they are often the backdrop for other allergies, especially cat.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
geographic tongue
For everbody who suffers from geographic tongue, i...
rebeccaguimaraes
Morgellon's syndrome
I have Morgellon's disease. I have seen the organisms...
cacye
Poison Control Center substance categories in calls 2011 plants incl.
Thought I'd post this, list of plants with identity...
gnomeinplaid
Which herbs to avoid in case of high blood pressure?
Hello, I am looking for information on which herbs...
John89
Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
What Herb is grown for the treatment of high blood...
barb601
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™