I'm worried about my pepper's growing conditions

TheCakePlantMarch 26, 2013

So I've been growing 5 types of hot peppers, and some tomatoes. But I'm worried about the conditions. Look at the picture, that's the amount of steam i get minutes after I wipe off the top, which may be too much water. And I'm not sure how dark I should have them either. Lid or no lid. Also on one of the tomatoe sprouts I there is a tiny bit of hair like white/clear stuff on it. Is that fungus? I couldn't get a picture of it. But I'm just worried about the conditions. What should I do? Also I have a heating pad under it if that helps. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canadianplant

They need bright, bright light. I would recommend turning he lid an inch to ventalate it as well.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 7:20AM
foolishpleasure

As soon as you see sprout you have to provide bright lights immediately otherwise the seedlings will grow leggy and weak and later fall down.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 6:56PM
campv

I am doing the same thing you are and growing tomtoes and peppers. If the tomatoes are some what yellow thats a sign of to much water same with the peppers. If they are at least 1" high I think it is time to remove your lid and get some light on them. Some people may wait for the second leaf. But everyones conditions are different. I am using a florescent light on top of mine as close as I can get it about 8" closer is better. Its one of those like in a factory, round with a magnifing glass in it. I have got it clamped to an art table and it is on 2hrs off 1 24/7(timer) . If it is cold where you are you can leave the heating pad. My peppers are about 2" and have been un-covered for a least 2weeks. Same for the tomatoes. Hope this helps

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 7:47PM
More Discussions
Looks like no pears this year.
We have gotten a lot of chill hours this year for the...
insteng
cold/frost hardy peaches
Looking to get a list of 3 of the most frost tolerant,...
sean2280
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Trimming overgrown avocado tree then graft?
Dear gardenweb community, I am hoping to hear some...
funlul
Raising Blackberries For Fun and Profit-Prime Jim
I stumbled across this video on Prime Jim blackberries....
2010champsbcs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™