I've been reading through the itchy dog thread, very interesting! I just have a question about my dog. He's 2yrs old, and will put anything in his mouth. Last year he had an episode where his head was swelled up. It was quite a sight, poor guy couldn't open one of his eyes. I took him to the vet, he got a shot and was okay. The vet said he probably got stung by a bee. This year I've noticed that he attacks and chases bees in the yard, and will pick up bugs and spiders in his mouth on the patio. So far he hasn't had another swelling episode, but I know I can't stop him from doing that stuff. I'm wondering if there are any natural ways to deal with allergic reactions (as long as his breathing is okay of coarse) without a trip to the vet and a shot of something that probably isn't good for him. Any suggestions, anyone else deal with this sort of thing? Don't worry, I wouldn't deny him medical care if he needed it ;).