Honeysuckle

RegigseMay 20, 2011

We have honeysuckle all over our property... I have been trying to utilize and put to good use what we have here in the woods and meadow I live about. I have blackberries which I have a decent idea a few things I can do with them outside of jelly. I also plan on putting the Dandelions to use doing tinctures. But I am not certain what to do with the honeysuckle. Does anyone have some suggestions. One thought that I am tossing about is honeysuckle soap.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mcfaroff(z5/6 NM)

In Chinese medicine the flowers are used usually with forsythia.It has myriad uses similar to echinacea. Not much is said about making soap with it. The plant is rather common so I don't know if there is a market out there for it. Why not? Make soap.Gloria

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 11:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eibren(z6PA)

The Chinese use the dried flowers in an herbal tea. They have some sort of medicinal property. I tried some (with an admixture of other things) once but felt a bit "off" afterward, so would not recommend casual use.

They use the buds of a special stain of forsythia they've developed as an anti-bacterial, but I don't know the details of use for that.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Salvia D.
Would this be a suitable place to talk about Diviner's...
winterpeg_man
Growing Turmeric/Specific questions...
Hello.. I'm pleased to say that I found some fresh...
skyclad
Morgellon's syndrome
I have Morgellon's disease. I have seen the organisms...
cacye
Help... need your advice...
Hi, I know that there are a lot of knowledgable herbalists...
beth1
What;'s in your bottle of herbal supplement pills?
Probably not what the label claims, according to the...
rusty_blackhaw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™