itchy scalp...

skyecat12(NH)May 19, 2004

Hi,

I recently have discovered little red bumps on my hand that itch insanely! Along with the itchiness, I am starting to have dandruff which has never happened to me before. I have just recently started using the Neutrogena T/GEL dandruff shampoo, but I don't know exactly what it is I am dealing with on my scalp. Does anyone know? And can anyone know of a "recipe" to help my scalp and rid the itchiness?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Herbalynn(Oregon, 7-8)

Here's a bunch of posts that are related. You could also do a search on itchy. Hopefully they'll be some helpful inforamtion. Lynn

Here is a link that might be useful: Scalp search

Bookmark   May 20, 2004 at 11:03AM
Jamesge

selsun blue. Get the strong variety, not the normal stuff. There is another product called multi-tar. It is much more powerful but smells really really bad when it gets wet.

Bookmark   December 2, 2004 at 3:55AM
ellanadasdy(uk)

you have an allergy, stop using neutrogena, the hand head connection could be more than incidental, i have a horrible reaction to fructis!! try soapbark and rosemary rinses instead, they are cleansing, astringent and anti inflammatory. nettle and egg cream works well as a non allergic and soothing conditioner.
good luck...
love ella:)

Bookmark   December 4, 2004 at 8:10PM
kfgesq(z5NJ)

If ther only thing you have changed recently is to the nutragena shampoo then that is the problem. Lose it! I agree with the poster above.

Bookmark   December 5, 2004 at 2:08PM
okiegardenbunny

If ditching the shampoo doesn't help with the itchy scalp, you might go to your dr. I had the same problem & it ended up I have psorriasis on my scalp. Only on my scalp, go figure. I use Head & Shoulders shampoo & my dr gave me a steroid gel for when it flairs up. I am looking for some herbal remedies, though, too, that I could use on my scalp w/o smelling like a pasta dish or affecting my hair health or color.

Bookmark   August 14, 2009 at 11:05PM
andy_sa(South Australia)

Check with the doctor first. I was advised all the smelly (chemical-wise) shampoos,tar ointment, etc, when all I needed was a bit of vinegar in the rinse water. Do get your skin looked at first though.

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 8:06AM
More Discussions
Morgellon's syndrome
I have Morgellon's disease. I have seen the organisms...
cacye
warming herbs
How do herbalists today believe that warming herbs...
carrie-ann
What;'s in your bottle of herbal supplement pills?
Probably not what the label claims, according to the...
rusty_blackhaw
Help... need your advice...
Hi, I know that there are a lot of knowledgable herbalists...
beth1
geographic tongue
For everbody who suffers from geographic tongue, i...
rebeccaguimaraes
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™