castor oil for skin tag?

raptorfan(z5 Ont, Cda)June 6, 2006

Hi, i saw this mentioned in the stretch mark thread. How does this work and has anyone tried it with success?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
riverinewny

I don't know, but I have been putting castor oil on a mole of mine for a month, hoping so.

Bookmark   June 9, 2006 at 7:33PM
raptorfan(z5 Ont, Cda)

anyone have any results?

Bookmark   July 5, 2006 at 3:09PM
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

Skin tags are easily removed by your doctor, using methods as simple as cutting them off with a sharp pair of scissors (self-removal is officially discouraged due to risk of infection and excess bleeding).

A problem might be knowing for sure what's a skin tag (benign) and what's a polypoid skin lesion with more serious characteristics. Putting any kind of irritating or caustic material on a pigmented lesion is a really bad idea, for even if it seems to have disappeared you can never be sure you've gotten all of it, or if a little remains beneath the skin surface to grow or metastasize later (some melanomas are deceptively similar to benign moles on visual examination).

Bookmark   July 5, 2006 at 3:35PM
starz(z5NY)

this paste will remove any skin tag you have. I've used it on myself and all my friends and it never failed if you use it correctly www.skinsolutions.citymaker.com

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 4:34PM
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

From the fine print on that website:

"You are solely responsible for the use and misuse of products offered and for all actions and consequences of that use or misuse. Our product/kit, as with other cautery removals, may have with it the risk of infection, nerve damage, allergic reaction, bleeding and/or scarring."

Nice.

"This product is not FDA approved and is not to be used as a medical treatment program, nor to diagnose or cure of (sic) any disease or medical condition. Always consult with a qualified physician for medical advice...If you have any concerns that you or someone you know may not be able to apply/use the paste, or steadily use the items included in the kit, please "pass" on purchasing the product, as this could cause serious injury with misuse."

Even with that list of disclaimers and warnings, they don't advise you about how risky it is to remove a "mole" with such a product, since a cauterizing/burning agent can't be relied on to remove an entire lesion and a microscopic remnant of a melanoma could be left behind to regrow and/or metastasize.

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Salvia D.
Would this be a suitable place to talk about Diviner's...
winterpeg_man
warming herbs
How do herbalists today believe that warming herbs...
carrie-ann
bladder infection
My daugter has a bladder infection. I am giving her...
kfgesq
poultice for infection
My boyfriend broke his leg 1 1/2 years ago. He had...
June_Ca
Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
What Herb is grown for the treatment of high blood...
barb601
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™