Loganberry 'LY 59' plant

jtburtonMarch 19, 2013

Does anyone know if you can purchase the thorny version of the Loganberry, 'LY 59', in the US? I see it advertised in the UK but I'm pretty sure it originated here in the US?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ABz5b

It did originate in the US. for some reason the thorny version fell out of favor here in the US. I think when i went looking for one i could only find one location in the US that had it. Heirlooms something or other on the internet. Came in bunches if i remember right. Was able to track down this website with the LY59. johnsmarketgarden.com. Limited quantities on hand.

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 3:31PM
ABz5b

Correction. that website is not in the US per my search parameters. Might want to check Sakumabros.com. They have a listing for Loganberries that doesnt state thornless. might send them an email and see what type they are selling. Tracked down the previous site and they changed from the original thorny to thornless logans. Trees of antiquity they are called. was going to pick up some this spring but it looks like ill have to find another supplier.

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 4:29PM
milehighgirl(CO USDA 5B/Sunset 2B)

I also was interested in this cultivar. The curator of NCGR at Corvallis said it is grown commercially in Oregon. They are apparently trying to obtain it but it won't be available for distribution for a while yet. Anyone have any other information?

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 11:42PM
ABz5b

I wouldn't mind getting ahold of this variety. Ill keep looking if I find anything ill post on here.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 1:21PM
milehighgirl(CO USDA 5B/Sunset 2B)

Bump. Still wanting LY 59.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 2:23AM
More Discussions
First Bench Grafts Using a Fieldcraft Topgrafter
Hi all, I've been patiently waiting for signs of life...
gardener365
Source for Hidden Rose Apple?
Looking for a tree or scions but seem to be coming...
jsvand5
Paw Paw in Monmouth County NJ
I'm interested in growing several fruit trees on my...
ritzandbigb1
Too new to know...is this root acceptable?
I'm new to Orcharding and to GardenWeb (what an incredible...
GuardinDawg
Looking for really early (blooming) pear
I have a Hood pear that blooms very early, usually...
jbclem
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™