feverfew

happytomato2008(wis 3)July 9, 2009

I have ooodies of this growing near the cornfield!! My question is this: If I dry the leaves and use it as a tea ..I need relief for "sour' stomach.. any comments will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
apollog

Traditional uses of feverfew include fevers, inflammation, arthritis and migraine. I haven't heard of it being used for 'sour stomach' - acid reflux, indigestion, or the like. And an occasional side effect is mouth sores (ulcering). So I would consider something else. Marjoram is one herb that is well regarded for 'sour stomach'.

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 1:04PM
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

In addition feverfew may be of help in certain skin conditions (i.e. eczema and rosacea); on the other hand it can cause skin irritation in susceptible people. If the feverfew is growing near a cornfield, I'd be concerned about possible pesticide/herbicide drift and contamination - might be best to save seed and plant in another location.

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 3:11PM
lazy_gardens

Feverfew will lower your blood pressure ... and if you are a regular user of it, may make it impossible to get the BP back up. It can permanently damage the muscles in the artery walls. (that's why it works in vascular headaches like migraine)

If you have a "sour stomach", try peppermint or chamomile.

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 7:12PM
More Discussions
home remedy for kittens with ringworm
My son brought home two kittens. One has very choppy...
toadlilly
Vermifuges
With global warming, many will be encountering parasites...
eibren
cure for geographic tongue!!! hooooray!!! i found it!!!!!!
What we all have is also known as a "fungus infection...
jtranok
Morgellon's syndrome
I have Morgellon's disease. I have seen the organisms...
cacye
geographic tongue
For everbody who suffers from geographic tongue, i...
rebeccaguimaraes
Sponsored Products
Floral Herb Wreath
$109.50 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™