Spray Program

tuffametuffayou(6b)March 10, 2009

Well it's just about that time. After careful consideration I believe I've settled on a spray strategy.

In about two weeks or so I'll whack my apple trees with

Kocide (Dormant Oil). In the past I've used the ubiquitus

Fruit Tree Spray found in the big box retailers or Agaway.

I've read that a separate detecated application of a fungicide and pesticide is much more effective. I've settled on two Immunox as the fungicide and Imidan as the pesticide. Does anyone have a source for these?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ryanmartin8

If you want to grow your fruit without using any synthetic chemicals, check out blossomsprings.com and get their once a week spray that will let you grow the best fruit you've ever seen or tasted without using pesticides!

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 2:08PM
glenn_russell(6b RI)

Tuffametuffayou-
I got my Immunox here.
-Glenn

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 2:27PM
Scott F Smith(6B/7A MD)

Ryan, if you read the terms of use for Gardenweb you will see you just violated them - you can't post advertisements.

tuffa, many garden centers sell Immunox. Imidan is pretty nasty stuff that is being phased out. The only place I know selling it by mail-order is E&R Seed; they are Amish I believe and you need to write for the catalog. They sell many other great things BTW; I enjoy reading through their humongous catalog.

Scott

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 2:39PM
Michael

Tuffametuffayou: I got mine here. Make certain while shopping that you aren't getting the, "Immunox Plus" if you only want the fungicide. Immunox Plus contains an insecticide, "Immunox" does not.

Here is a link that might be useful: Immunox supplier

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 6:11PM
tuffametuffayou(6b)

Thanks for the replies. Scott do you have a substitute for
Imidan?

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 6:52PM
alan haigh

Imidan getting phased out? Certainly not imminent. And I love the smell of Imidan in the morning- smells like victory!

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 7:07PM
tuffametuffayou(6b)

Harvestman are you an Imidan Man? I had an Italian Prune that the deer used as a first course, then the Japanese Beetles finished off. I want em dead! Not the deer, just the bugs.

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 7:19PM
Scott F Smith(6B/7A MD)

Hman, isn't the line supposed to be "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"? You are right, I looked into it and it is in fact "cancelled" for backyard products but is under a 5-year temporary registration for the non-backyard products. So, its not being phased out but I guess you could say its an "endangered species".

tuff, permethrin and sevin are other options. I use spinosad which is an organic spray, available as Monterey Garden Insect Spray. Its not as effective as the former but is safer.

Scott

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
Do i need to use wax for this kind of graft or just masking tape?
I am going to be doing 5 pear cleft grafts with 1/4...
tlbean2004
What is wrong with my Blueberry plant?
Hi, My blueberry (rabbiteye) plant seems to have developed...
bopwinter
Early-Spring and General Spray Questions for 4-yr old Maryland Orchard
Hi all, I planted the following fruit trees in Spring...
lindsgardeninmd
Is San Diego just behind with the flowering??
Any San Diegans or southern Californians here? I see...
brownmola
how to prevent fruit tree borers
I've lost a few trees (peach and plum) to borers and...
jbclem
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™