spots on peach tree leaves

SuzukicrashMarch 26, 2014

I live in St. Petersburg Florida, and this is a Tropic beauty peach tree. The whole tree looks like this... Is this bacteria and is neem oil good enough to control it? what should I spray it with and should I start something to make sure no larve gets in the fruit now that they are growing fast?

Please let me know I don't want to have to wait another year for a quality harvest. Thanks a lot for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzukicrash

another pic

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 2:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olpea(zone 6 KS)

Suzuki,

That does look like bac. spot, but it's a very mild case. I wouldn't worry about it. It may get worse as the tree ages and produces more shading, but you are a long way from that.

I have one variety which is very susc. to bac. spot. It's a mature tree and bac. spot will cause defoliation of the lower half of the canopy if I don't spray for it. The fruit is also very susc. I don't have a pic of the fruit with bac. spot, but it looks exactly like this pic if I don't spray for it:

http://extension.umass.edu/fruitadvisor/sites/fruitadvisor/files/publications/images/bacterialspot.jpg

Even as bad as that fruit looks it is still edible by cutting away the bad spots. Your fruit won't look that bad on such a small tree. The fruit may show no symptoms at all.

I spray that one tree w/ mycoshield. It's a pain to spray one tree, but I like the fruit so much I've kept the tree. In fact, I've made 4 copies of it. They are all in my backyard where I hand spray, so it's not as big a deal to spray them w/ an antibiotic. if the fruit wasn't so good, I'd pull those trees out because there are lots of peaches which aren't susc. to bac. spot.

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
Is San Diego just behind with the flowering??
Any San Diegans or southern Californians here? I see...
brownmola
Zone 5 fruit and nut trees Northeast, Nebraska
Hello, I have an acreage near Allen, NE and I would...
cheeta64
Blackberries in the age of SWD
It seems that spotted wing Drosophila is making blackberry...
marc5
Grafting acocados
I am grafting an avocado tree. Is it alright to graft...
tim45z10
Need late flowering pears?
Seems all of my pears are early flowering which is...
Konrad..just outside of Edmoton Alberta
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™