spots on peach tree leaves

SuzukicrashMarch 26, 2014

I live in St. Petersburg Florida, and this is a Tropic beauty peach tree. The whole tree looks like this... Is this bacteria and is neem oil good enough to control it? what should I spray it with and should I start something to make sure no larve gets in the fruit now that they are growing fast?

Please let me know I don't want to have to wait another year for a quality harvest. Thanks a lot for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzukicrash

another pic

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 2:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olpea(zone 6 KS)

Suzuki,

That does look like bac. spot, but it's a very mild case. I wouldn't worry about it. It may get worse as the tree ages and produces more shading, but you are a long way from that.

I have one variety which is very susc. to bac. spot. It's a mature tree and bac. spot will cause defoliation of the lower half of the canopy if I don't spray for it. The fruit is also very susc. I don't have a pic of the fruit with bac. spot, but it looks exactly like this pic if I don't spray for it:

http://extension.umass.edu/fruitadvisor/sites/fruitadvisor/files/publications/images/bacterialspot.jpg

Even as bad as that fruit looks it is still edible by cutting away the bad spots. Your fruit won't look that bad on such a small tree. The fruit may show no symptoms at all.

I spray that one tree w/ mycoshield. It's a pain to spray one tree, but I like the fruit so much I've kept the tree. In fact, I've made 4 copies of it. They are all in my backyard where I hand spray, so it's not as big a deal to spray them w/ an antibiotic. if the fruit wasn't so good, I'd pull those trees out because there are lots of peaches which aren't susc. to bac. spot.

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
newly planted blueberries turning red
I planted 15 blueberries, 8 biloxi and 7 star. 10 of...
tugagardener
Gophers killing apple trees... Help!
Gophers have killed 2 roses and one prized apple tree...
peteramu
What is happening to my Apple Tree? Fixes?
We purchased this tree and planted it a year ago. ...
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
Apricots, Hunza and Manchurian blossom and flowering.
Hi, I live in Oslo, Norway, which is around a 5b or...
roots_feeding
Luisa plum
Hey guys I just ordered a luisa plum for next season...
plumstupid
Sponsored Products
Crinkle Neckroll Pillow with Ball Tassels 6" x 20" - GOLD
$69.90 | Horchow
Radiax 3000K 10-Degree 13-Watt LED Black Spot Light
Lamps Plus
Crossroads Wall Sconce by Tech Lighting
$332.00 | Lumens
Rite Lite Hi-Output White LED Under Cabinet Light with Motion Sensor LPL643MW
$12.99 | Home Depot
Rizzy Home French Blue 18 Inch x 18 Inch Pillow Cover with Hidden Zipper
$42.00 | Bellacor