cellfood

kfgesq(z5NJ)August 1, 2005

anyone hear of this or use it before?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

Here's what the promoters are saying.

"Cell Food" and similar supplements are marketed as a remedy for supposed oxygen deficiency, resulting in all sorts of wondrous health benefits.

The claims are nonsensical (for instance, oxygen levels in the atmosphere have not drastically declined in human history). There's no evidence to support any benefits from "Cell Food" (and its gazillion trace elements, including such exotica as neon and thorium) other than unreliable testimonials.

More on oxygen quackery, which apparently is fairly big business these days.

Bookmark   August 1, 2005 at 4:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lundpix(Southern Cal)

This may be a rare occurrence, but in this case I agree with Eric. :)

Our bodies bring oxygen to tissues under the tight control of heme groups in the red blood cells. Inside the cell we also tightly control oxygen in mitochondrial energy production with heme groups. When oxygen leaks, damage happens. The term "free radical" is used to refer to out of control oxygen.

If the maker of this product is correct in his claim of bringing oxygen to every cell, then that effect is dangerous because of the corrosive effects that it would have. Rust is an example of what happens to something exposed to oxygen. If they are not correct, it is false advertising. Either way it does not serve the consumer well.

Richard

Bookmark   August 26, 2005 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
geographic tongue
For everbody who suffers from geographic tongue, i...
rebeccaguimaraes
Poison Control Center substance categories in calls 2011 plants incl.
Thought I'd post this, list of plants with identity...
gnomeinplaid
insect bites remedies
I have used a chickweed salve and most bites clear...
samtom_gw
sassafrass poisonus??
A friend of mine has a woods by her house and there...
redring
warming herbs
How do herbalists today believe that warming herbs...
carrie-ann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™