Eye ailment, hoping someone here knows?

esoterica(7)September 1, 2005

last night while watching a movie, my eye became uncomfortable, felt as if something may have gotton into my eye. I checked with the mirror and couldn't see anything. My husband checked under the upper lid and couldn't see anything either.

I put in some commercial eye drops and after much uncomfort I was able to go to sleep.

This morning the eye was sealed shut with the white matter.

The outer lid is swollen and warm. The eye is red, of course. I'm tearing but they're not tears. The seeping is this clear matter that is sticky. There's no pain persay at rest.

I bathed the eye twice today with a wash of boric and goldenseal. I've taken two goldenseal capsules and will repeat again this evening. I'm drinking herbal teas and using soaked herbal tea bags to absorb the drainage. And prevent spread of whatever this is.

I've been treating myself for excess mucous about my nose, sinuses and throat the past several days using herbals with my flu tinture. No complaints of headaches, or chest cold. Just a few sneezes. The mucous from the congestion is obviously a bacteria. Three days ago I added a couple of mullien oil drops to my ears attempting to cure this bacteria early on.

I've never experienced an eye acting like this before. Am I treating this right? Is there anything else I can take or do?

I'm also sniffing lavender essential oil hoping to attack the problem up the sinus canals...

Should I be overly concerned? Ever heard of this?

Thank you in advance....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

Have your eye evaluated immediately by an emergency department physician or an opthalmologist. Based on the history and symptoms you're describing, this is nothing to mess with on a home remedy basis.

Eyesight is precious.

Bookmark   September 1, 2005 at 3:22PM
esoterica(7)

Eric, I don't have insurance or the funds to see a doctor.

Thank you for your advice however.

I hope some one will be familar with this and can offer their experience.

Sincerely

Bookmark   September 1, 2005 at 3:28PM
Daisyduckworth(Aust)

You have only two eyes and they have to last you a life-time. They are worth the cost of a visit to a doctor, and I suggest you don't delay. Blindness can last forever and isn't fun. Don't muck around with these precious two orbs. Get medical attention immediately, as a matter of urgency.

While you wait for your appointment, you can bathe your eyes with a very weak saline solution. But don't regard this as an alternative to that doctor's visit.

Bookmark   September 1, 2005 at 6:39PM
esoterica(7)

Thank you Daisy....

I've since learned that I have conjuctivitis. I've been able to find relief by making my homemade eye drops with a stronger solution of boric and goldenseal. I like to be conservative on my treatments but I was too conservative and it would have taken longer to get relief.

I made my drops with sterile water, using a TBLS of boric and a Tsp of goldenseal... and started putting in a drop or two every hour... and using the solution for swabbing etc.

I have 100 percent relief today and definately on the mend.

Bookmark   September 2, 2005 at 11:24AM
More Discussions
Headache after B12
I tried taking Vit B12 at the recommendation of my...
ghoghunter
sassafrass poisonus??
A friend of mine has a woods by her house and there...
redring
herbal medicine
Hello, I am just getting into indoor gardening. I f...
sunny57
Herbal Remedies for diabetics
What Herb is grown for the treatment of diabetes? Thanks...
JCTsai
cure for geographic tongue!!! hooooray!!! i found it!!!!!!
What we all have is also known as a "fungus infection...
jtranok
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™