How to make garlic oil and chilie oil

gill_didsbury(S.A.)October 15, 2004

Hi everyone,

Could anyone tell me how to make these oils? I want to use them for cooking.

Thanks in advance :-)

Gill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Simmer the garlic or chile in hot oil until it's brown and crispy, cool and strain.

Bookmark   October 15, 2004 at 10:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Daisyduckworth(Aust)

Cold Infusion Method: Combine herbs and oil. Pureed herbs disperse their flavor more quickly but are not as aesthetically pleasing. Use with in 2 to 3 days. Store in the refrigerator at all times.

Warm Infusion Method: In a saucepan, combine herbs and oil. Heat to a simmer, reduce heat slightly and cook just below simmering for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and strain through several layers of cheesecloth into a sterilized glass jar. Label with the date and refrigeration instructions. Store in the refrigerator at all times. Use with in 1 week.

Oven Method: Place oil and chopped vegetable or herb in a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Set cup on a pie plate and place in a 150C oven for 1 hour. At the end of heating, the vegetable pieces should be a medium brown colour and crisp. If not, continue baking until they turn brown. Remove cup to a rack to cool for 30 minutes. Line a small strainer with a coffee filter or several layers of cheesecloth. Strain oil into a clean glass jar, cover and store in refrigerator at all times. Use within a month.

Bookmark   October 15, 2004 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
Herbal Remedies for diabetics
What Herb is grown for the treatment of diabetes? Thanks...
JCTsai
geographic tongue
For everbody who suffers from geographic tongue, i...
rebeccaguimaraes
Headache after B12
I tried taking Vit B12 at the recommendation of my...
ghoghunter
Swollen lymph gland help needed
I have a swollen lymph gland on the bottom of the right...
zzackey
What;'s in your bottle of herbal supplement pills?
Probably not what the label claims, according to the...
rusty_blackhaw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™