correspondence schools need recomendations

akewaOctober 10, 2007

Hi all,

I am looking into herbal correspondence schools now that we have move to our land. Since we are paying mortage money is tight. I would like to hear those that have taking course what they thought of them.

What I am planning is a good size herb farm here since we have 4 acres. I would like to craft some different formulas creams, lotin, tintures and such to sell at local farmers market.

So with that in mind and cost being a major factor what should I be looking into? Right now I have found the majors online like Rosemary Gladstar and Susan Weed and East West School. Last one looks a bit more than I need. Also the Australasian Colledge has some good ones. Has any one done any of these courses or any others that you have done and what can you tell me about them Please. I can't afford to throw away money on a course not suited to my needs or way over my needs.

P.S. I have been reading some on mine own off and on threw the years but nothing indepth. Also I am a retired LMT from FL, so I have most of the body part stuff down. ;)

Thank You.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

You might also ask here, especially about practical aspects of starting such a business.

Bookmark   October 11, 2007 at 1:57PM
akewa

eric oh thank you for the link but since this is not a landscaping or nursery it is not much help. We are doing a small personal farm not a retail business. I am just after opions of the herblist correspondance schools that anyone has attended before putting out the money.

Thank You.

Bookmark   October 14, 2007 at 2:13AM
limhyl(z8 NC)

Check out learningherbs.com and herbmentor.com. The folks are very friendly and there is so much good advice there. It is not a full course but would be a good place to start and ask questions. There is a fee to join herbmentor but there are videos on herbal medicine making and making other herbal products which sounds like what you are interested in. I am not affiliated in any way with them but I just think it's a great resource and want to share.

Theresa
Honey Thyme Herb Farm

Bookmark   November 24, 2007 at 7:15AM
More Discussions
sassafrass poisonus??
A friend of mine has a woods by her house and there...
redring
Looking for a Neurodermatitis recipie.
I'm looking for a recipe for Neurodermatitis condition...
SolusUmbra
thyroid problems
I'd like to know if some of you with thyroid problems...
Peter.1210
Paw Paw
Research information suggests paw paw will prevent...
herbalpower
What;'s in your bottle of herbal supplement pills?
Probably not what the label claims, according to the...
rusty_blackhaw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™