Skin bumpscars as a resulf scratching

barneybellaOctober 5, 2006

I recently went through, and have always gone through, a really high intensity period of itching. I would itch in my sleep and wake up with scratch marks and sometimes bleeding, etc. Becuase of this I developed rashes, and now have a multitude of scars, that are raised bumps all over my legs. Is there something that I can use to get rid of the scars. They are dark, slightly smaller than dime, shaped scars.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cacye(Denver,CO)

What other symptoms have you noticed? If just itch, maybe bedbugs or other critters. Scabies if under skin lines. See a doctor, get a diagnosis. If other symptoms, like gut pain,visual problems,concentration problems, see little white and dark specks, you need to contact the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta. There is a new infectious disease caused by nematodes that is highly contagious. There are no proper lab tests for it and there is no cure as of yet. The nematodes are bio-control for crops and golf courses to get rid of a variety of insects. Now they have started to adapt to us. Get it looked at!

Bookmark   October 14, 2006 at 5:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chinacat_sunflower(7)

well - finding out what causes your itching will protect you from creating new sores -

but cocoa butter, patience, and weekly papaya masks (papaya contains the raw ingredient in most of those 'fruit acid' preparations)

as in mash a bug enough chunk of papaya to cover the area, add a tablespoon of raw, live organic plain yogurt, and smear on skin, leave for up to 15 mintues, rinse off, exfoliate with a salt or sugar scrub the next day...

is the best you're going to get next to dermatology, which will basically do the same thing with more concentrated chemicals, eh?

vitamin E works for some people, causes increased scarring in others - but give it a try, it might even help the itching that caused the scarring.

Bookmark   October 14, 2006 at 8:27PM
More Discussions
bladder infection
My daugter has a bladder infection. I am giving her...
kfgesq
poultice for infection
My boyfriend broke his leg 1 1/2 years ago. He had...
June_Ca
Help... need your advice...
Hi, I know that there are a lot of knowledgable herbalists...
beth1
Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
What Herb is grown for the treatment of high blood...
barb601
insect bites remedies
I have used a chickweed salve and most bites clear...
samtom_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™