More Deaths Linked to Diabetes Drug Byetta

oakleif(z6 AR)October 27, 2008

Maybe This drug needs to be researched more in the USA.

Here is a link that might be useful: More deaths linked to diabetes drug Byetta

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brendan_of_bonsai(4b AK)

>>"very rare case reports of pancreatitis with complications or with a fatal outcome." The companies added that diabetes patients are already at increased risk of pancreatitis compared with healthy patients.

From the story...

This is a perfect example of how great the medical system is, a minor chance of death is identified and pounced on by the FDA who take actions to make the medical environment safe again. It would have been better if this had been found out earlier but there is a limit to how much we can discover and its always a guess as to when enough study has been done. Needless to say that with the exception of the few patients who died it is much better to take this drug than live with untreated diabetes (which drastically shortens your lifespan) or taking an untested sham remedy that lightens your wallet and may have dangerous side effects of its own all while doing nothing to treat your problem.

Of course the best case scenario would be to focus more on eating well and not have this problem to begin with, one can hope...

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 2:33AM
oakleif(z6 AR)

Of course we all know who the medical spammer is.

Bookmark   November 3, 2008 at 12:56AM
brendan_of_bonsai(4b AK)

Why, is it because I pointed out that you didn't really understand the article and the math involved in lifespan extension? Or because I said we should focus on eating better?

Bookmark   November 3, 2008 at 2:35AM
More Discussions
Permanent dark eye circles?
Hi everyone, My boyfriend has what seems to be permanent...
Hapslappy
cure for geographic tongue!!! hooooray!!! i found it!!!!!!
What we all have is also known as a "fungus infection...
jtranok
geographic tongue
For everbody who suffers from geographic tongue, i...
rebeccaguimaraes
Salvia D.
Would this be a suitable place to talk about Diviner's...
winterpeg_man
Paw Paw
Research information suggests paw paw will prevent...
herbalpower
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™